lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #11
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Yamaha - Rattling

If it is in the trans that would not be good, they usually do not make much noise. It could also be the secondary the sheave rotates to the back side of the ramps.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2011, 10:00 PM   #12
caddylac camper
Gone Wild

Yamaha

There is normally some clunking noise when going from forward to reverse and vice versa due to the gap between the ramps being taken up. If the shoes are badly worn, broken or missing then the gap is increased and so there is more noise. Once underway there should be no more noise but if going down a steep hill you may hear a slight clunk as the rear axle starts to go faster than the drive clutch. Its not something that you would hear repeatedly though.
caddylac camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:01 AM   #13
rockinr382
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Location: England.live in a small Hamlet(village) poulation28

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddylac camper View Post
When i repaired my G1 the engine bracket tensioner was missing, the engine motor mounts where intact but the rubber was very cracked so i replaced all motor mounts and also the engine bracket tensioner. The cart is very smooth running now and starts off much better. The "dumper" they talk about in the manual is really a thick rubber washer which should absorb the engine vibrations as it reacts to the clutch. There is a clearance spec for it in the manual but basically it should not be tight when the engine is stopped and should tighten up as the engine is pulled back toward the secondary clutch when accelerating. Its difficult to adjust being under the muffler and i would advise putting the cart up on jack stands to adjust it from underneath. I found it easier to double nut the adjustment bolt rather than use a lock nut like they show in the parts book.
Caddylac, You have written my exact problem with my G1, I cannot find a part number for the engine tensioner and have spent hours trying to find it. If you have the number please let me have it so I can get one.Best regards, rockinr382
rockinr382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:11 PM   #14
caddylac camper
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The tensioner part number is J31-2217J-01-00, Damper J17-2214F-00-00, Washer 90201-06778-00, Nut 95380-06600-00 (2 req'd). This is from the 84 G1 parts manual.
caddylac camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:54 AM   #15
rockinr382
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Caddylac,
Many thanks for the part numbers,the problem for me now is to source them.There are no Yamaha dealers like there are in your part of the world so I need to send for them in the USA or Canada, Tight Lines,
Very best regards,
rockinr382
Old 10-27-2011, 04:54 AM   #16
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I fabricated my own, making up a long threaded T-bolt to replace #13, and a piece of thick rubber with a hole punched in it for the bolt to replace #14 (the damper). I made the T-bolt by welding a piece of round stock (a cut-off bolt) to a piece of threaded rod. The other parts are standard hardware.

http://www.tntgolfcar.com/yamparts.php?diagramid=630

Keep in mind early G1's didn't even have this dampener setup, it was added on in later models.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:31 AM   #17
rockinr382
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

GMB74,Thanks for the information, my g1 has the fittings on the chassies to fit the tensioner, have you any idea what year they started to fit them? I can't imagine why, if the fittings are on the cart that it dosn't need to be fitted,
Please advise if possible,
Regards,
rockinr38
Old 10-27-2011, 02:16 PM   #18
jhy6msu
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Do any of you guys know of somewhere to buy parts? I just need a few cosmetic parts for my 1980 G1. I need a tail light cover, brakes, etc. I got this thing for $700 in good mechanical condition, but the body was horrid. I was VERY lucky to find a place near by that a guy had one that didn`t run and sold me the console, front cowl, and bench seat for $100! I spray painted it myself and it doesn`t look too bad! I just these few parts to finish it up! Thanks guys!
jhy6msu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:04 PM   #19
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

rockinr382: All the later buggies have a dampener to keep the motor mounts from flexing too much and allowing too much slack in the drive belt. I think it is something that Yamaha decided they needed as they got more machines in the field and discovered this potential problem. If the brackets are there, set it up.

jhy6msu: Click on the "Site Sponsors" link in the tool bar at the top of the page and check with the businesses that support this site. They should be able to help you get what you need.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #20
jhy6msu
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks GMB!
jhy6msu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g1-am4, rattling, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha