lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2011, 08:49 AM   #11
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: spark}{no spark Help please

Here is a couple pictures of it, I took the rear end off for easy axcess to more and trying to get running, as you can see there is a few thing missing and the air cleaner has to go I dont like what he did there, someone cut out for head lights and tail lights but took them out and the tail light openings were covered over re glassed, this will make a good winter project since the EZ go is running now,, Im on my second gallon after the rebuild on that one and cant wait to be able to mix it at the 128:1 instead od 40:1, its running so ritch now,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-11-14_08-24-49_342.jpg (195.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-11-14_08-25-08_501.jpg (209.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-11-14_08-25-28_609.jpg (230.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-11-14_08-27-07_713.jpg (194.0 KB, 6 views)
murf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2011, 08:58 AM   #12
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Came across this brousing youtube and since the wife and I both like Jeeps this is what I would like to do to the Yamaha, not a show winner though, lol,,,

Old 11-15-2011, 10:26 AM   #13
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Went out to work on the cart today again, I wanted to to check the valves and gap and low and behold one was very loose, adjusted that and then checked compression and found it was 150-155, not to bad, so I put valve cover back on and tryed it, Hmmm fired right up, although still running rough so I adjusted carb and got a little better, now just think changing out the gas new plug and so on it will run alot better,
Thanks everyone for the help..
Old 11-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #14
samsmith87
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Did you ever figure out your spark problem?
samsmith87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:09 PM   #15
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Not sure but I think I found the problem with the mis and backfiring, the head gasket is blown at least I hope that's why its running rough and the reason I have to have the chock pulled about 1/3 to even run,,,, I hope
Old 11-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #16
samsmith87
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

My G2 would only run on the choke, when my fuel pump was worn out. Make sure its shooting a lot of gas out.
samsmith87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:00 PM   #17
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

I checked the fuel pump and its working good, I know now the head gasket is blown so ai have to order one of them and I will go from there, if that don't work its back to the drawing board, luckily I have the winter to figure to figure it out, one way or another I need it going by spring for camp even wife I have to put a brigs in it maybe even go big block, that is if I hit the lottery, lol.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha