lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
jcf32000
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default any special pointers for clutch kit install?

I read stickys thread on the torque kit install. Has anyone done one and know of any tips that may be helpful during install. Its a new secondary sheeve, spring and spacer with a new belt. Gona start it tomorrow. Thanks.
jcf32000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
sippriver
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: any special pointers for clutch kit install?

hi, I just did one an a G2, I needed the puller that came with my kit to get the outside sheave off. And I broke off two of the telfon sliders, did not hit them, they just broke while I was tapping the spyder off. Other than that it went together well. Used a rachet strap to pull assembly together to install nut. If you have any problems sippicanriverfarm@comcast.net
sippriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
jcf32000
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks. Yea the kit I bought didn't come with a puller unfortunately. I'm gona start it and see how I make out. My girlfriends father said he thinks he has a puller that would fit it so ill try that if I can't get it I guess.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
CajunLoneWolf
The Pro in procrastinate!

Yamaha

Go to page 199 on the Yamaha G8 club. I have a step by step install with pics. Use my link in my signature for easy access
CajunLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Make sure the nut is in good condition or new, some have stripped out with big springs. Don't do anything with the sheaves far as getting it apart, they break really easily. The puller has to use the bolt holes for it. You can get them off with a 3lb on the back side but not the right way. Use a rod between the ramps on the heavy part of the hub and carefully strike it. Leave the nut half way on because it all flies off when it comes off the taper. Still better to use a puller and not risk damage.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #6
jcf32000
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the pointers! its all done. Went well , just took a while without a puller. The sheeve came off easier then the spring cup though, that took a long time of prying little by little till it finally came of the splines. Its much quicker at the start now! I haven't gotten my lift yet so i wasnt able to attempt climbing anything lol the stock tires dont do well in the snow. Does anyone know what a stock cart should run for mph? its my understanding the torque kit doesnt do anything other then for low end, but i zip tied the governer all the way in and ran 20mph on GPS. I was thinking about doing the bypass that I've read about on here but decided against it for the possible risk of damage , annd my camp ground has a 5mph speed limit.. (during the day lol ) so 20 mph is more then enough, I'm just curious cause Ive read posts talking about hi 20's outa there carts.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #7
jcf32000
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Also that speed is without a lift and with stock tires. When I put a 6" lift and 22x10x10 swamp fox tires that I got on, I assume I will loose more speed??
Old 02-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #8
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

20 is about right. With 22s on my G9 and no governor I can hit 30gps on pavement and 28 on dirt drives. It takes a while to hit 30 it is really screaming, but I hit 28 about every day I have run it lol. Larger (taller) tires gear it up for more speed and less power, I can only hit 30 with 15psi in the rears.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #9
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

just make sure that your ratchet straps are located so it will not slip off .
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #10
jcf32000
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

OK here's another question ....I was running wiring today for headlights and saw that the primary clutch had a grease zert. So I greased it. I wasn't sure how much to put in so I kept pumping until I saw grease come out somewhere, but it didn't so I stopped. I ran it after and its shooting grease out like crazy and covering the sheeves and the belt lol. I'm going to degrease everything after the grease stops coming out buttt for future how much grease is it supposed to get. I know I read the secondary someone said just 2 pumps but havent read anything about primary.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha