lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
swaggywaggy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default G22 IN g9 CART???

IVE found a g22 engine cheap and was wondering if anyone ever had the pleasure of putting one on a g9 cart just wondering what i might be getting in to
swaggywaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
carguymn
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: G22 IN g9 CART???

No experience myself, but there is a sticky at the top of this page that may help you out.
carguymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G22 IN g9 CART???

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE WAGNER View Post
IVE found a g22 engine cheap and was wondering if anyone ever had the pleasure of putting one on a g9 cart just wondering what i might be getting in to
Interesting, There would be fabrication needed for the motor mounting bolt's to a plate welded onto the G9 swing arm, makeing shure the clutch's line up and the drive belt length is correct. I would also be concerned about the air box clearance next to the fuel tank and the clearance of the G22 style muffler at the swing arm and battery box area. I think it's dueable, but you'd want to get the engine/clutch/carb/airbox assy/starter-generator/muffler and every bit of the wireharness.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha