lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2013, 09:02 AM   #51
aahltd
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 96 gas Club Car run intermittently

On the feeding cart: The black old fuel tank vent got lost before I could silicone it on so I made a make shift cover to keep the fumes contained. I ordered the vent replacement (one size fits all) from the only place I could find them (Blue Ridge). It is too small and would fall right into the hole. I am sending it back but where can I get the bigger one for the bigger hole?
aahltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #52
aahltd
Not Yet Wild

I just found out that the tank needs a grommet to hold the vent. The grommet is about $7.80 and weighs a few ounces. Shipping for this tiny part costs anywhere from $11 to $25. This is highway robbery!
I have looked at every site I could find and some had the part for more money but not less in shipping. I am not a leisurely golfer. How can these companies justify charging that much for shipping.
aahltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #53
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

take a measurement and call the local harware store or auto parts store , gromits are not that amazing you may just need to try a few different ones , i remember the first time i heard the word gromit , it was on mister Rogers Neighborhood and he went to a gromit factory pretty neat ! anyways if you cant find one then we resort to the rubber fender washer topped with a steel fender washer and silicone or glue it in place and then put your tube through it more than one way to skin a cat , and the last fix should cost about 40 cents
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:30 PM   #54
fishman296
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My '95 carryall does the same thing as aahltd. Bought it last spring, previous owner had just replaced the carb (even gave me the old one).

Mine wants to stop, sounds like starving for fuel, or mixture is off. But when I do stop, I just keep my foot on the gas pedal lightly, and after 30 sec. or it will take off again, run about 50 ft., and stop again. The engine never really stops completely.

Does this seem to be the same problem as clogged vents?

Thanks for the help.
fishman296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car