lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2014, 04:24 PM   #1
Tyler14-88
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default What should I do?

My gas club car has low oil pressure in the engine. Before I changed the oil, the light was on all of the time, now it's off but is still comes on frequently. Now the rear axle is starting to leak. Should I fix my problems, or sell it when I have nothing invested in it. The vin on the cart is an 89 but the body and other parts are for the 93+ ds cart. Thanks on any advice
Tyler14-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2014, 05:36 PM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What should I do?

AS FOR THE light check the yellow wire behind the clutch that is the oil sensor it is a splash lube system it does not have a pump so its more likely that your sensor is bad or you have a short in the wire going to the light , not really to much of an issue , just make sure you have enough oil.

second the rear end you can seal up with some black rtv just check for cracks in the housing

if it runs and drives just fix it and keep going or if your close to PA and the price is right
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:54 PM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I'm still trying to figure out what engine you have in it Tyler!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...oil-light.html

Granted KF82's may look similar to a Kohler, but, Kohler engines usually have a name tag right on it!
Sooooo... ???
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:21 PM   #4
Tyler14-88
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

No, it is the original engine. But I will have to replace the bearings in the engine.
Tyler14-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:37 PM   #5
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

if its making no noise im betting a frayed wire is your problem trace that yellow wire the only thing it does is provide a ground for the light
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:06 AM   #6
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler14-88 View Post
No, it is the original engine. But I will have to replace the bearings in the engine.
As stated earlier, the KF82 motor, which was the gas motor used in all CC DS gas golf carts from 1984-1991, has no oil pump and just splashes oil around inside the crankcase to lube itself via a metal finger bolted to the crankshaft that dips in and out of the oil while running.

Also, there are no friction bearings to replace. The crankshaft rides on two ball bearings on either side of the case, and the connecting rod just bolts directly onto the crank with no bearings. But I haven't heard anything you've said that would make me think you even need to tear down the motor (like noises or excessive heat). Just seems like an oil light problem (?)
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car