lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2020, 06:59 PM   #1
shibbershabber
Not Yet Wild

Default 88 G2 gas... BS mechanic?

Hadn’t had time to mess with the cart for a while... got a line on a guy who does work on them... seems to have good reviews.

Anyhow, my problem was that I had no power at various points, pedal switch, ignition, etc when I press the pedal, nothing happens.... but if I short the solenoid, the motor turns (won’t start, but that’s another story)..

So this guy picked it up and a week later tells me it’s the igniter that was the problem. He’s ordered the part and will follow up with me when it arrives.

I’ll be first to admit that the electrical system on this thing is my weak point.... but I just don’t see how the igniter fits into my symptoms of no voltage at various switches and no motor turning when I press the pedal.

Even going back to some diagrams I have, I don’t see the igniter being central to getting the starter to operate....

Am I wrong here or am I getting hosed?
shibbershabber is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha