lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #41
purplewg
Gone Wild

Default Re: Help with Yamaha Golf Cart please.

I hate to say it but it sounds more like the controller or solenoid than the motor. For all intense purposes the field and armature voltage should be about the same when you measure them A1-S1, A2-S2. If indeed it is dropping from 36 to 24 it sounds like the controller is not supplying the proper v-out to me.
purplewg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #42
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

your main ground is on your main battery negative and goes to the controller...rubber hose is just a vent tube and is normal.
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #43
purplewg
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybadomen View Post
I just did some more looking and as usual right now the cart moved forward and reverse. The pedal has full function from slow up.

BUT : I did change the charger outlet to match the one in my EZ-GO . so my question is should i have a ground wire going to the body somewhere? All i have is on going to my charger plug i added that is screwed right into the plastic and the other ground goes to the controller? No grounds to the body at all. I am starting to think am i missing a ground or where is the main ground so i can check it?

Oh yeah also why does the controller have a big rubber hose that goes to no where? is this normal?

Yes, one side your charge port should go to battery ground. NOT FRAME. NO GROUNDING TO THE FRAME.

Do you have the G16 wiring diagram? Here is one if you need it.
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...ingDiagram.gif
Old 07-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #44
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Can i take the cable off and test it or will that not matter? Also just so you know i had the brake pressed when i tested it and got 24v i wasn't moving . I am just very worried about replacing it because this cart was messed with allot and any wire could be wrong. and i cant see this controller not dying over years of driving it like this. It was a good friend and releative that sold it to me and they drove it all the time just very slow like it is now. would a bad controller be bad that long. I wish the **** thing would just fry so i knew for sure it was that and not a backwards cable or something stupid.

Weighing the options of putting it into a shop or chancing buying a controller maybe for nothing. But for now i need a cart for work and thats the hard part. Everytime i want to test it i have to swap batteries and cables from the old cart i use for work that has boards holding the batteries in.

is there no simple test to test the controller? I have no books or anything like that to test this thing before i pull the batteries again.
mybadomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #45
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewg View Post
Yes, one side your charge port should go to battery ground. NOT FRAME. NO GROUNDING TO THE FRAME.

Do you have the G16 wiring diagram? Here is one if you need it.
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...ingDiagram.gif
Thank you and no i couldnt find that

Lol wait thats a Gas Cart i have a 1998 G16E 36 volt cart
Old 07-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #46
purplewg
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybadomen View Post
Thank you and no i couldnt find that

Lol wait thats a Gas Cart i have a 1998 G16E 36 volt cart
Picky are we? http://www.yamahagolfcar.com/partsan...0041_A5N3E.pdf

Near the end of the manual.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #47
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Thanks mate but i gave up for a long time now.. Either way its gonna cost a fortune and i just don't have it left after buying 2 carts and 6 batteries. It really bites driving the old beat up rough riding one and looking at the nice one with headlights etc just sitting rotting in the yard because its just to slow to use. Wife's heated now over it not running and buying it. I buy a controller with no real proof that's it and it don't fix it .Lol i don't even want to get into that mess with her. So best just to let it sit for a while and maby something will come up later or someone will post something. I read on google today someone had a cart that wouldnt move and was told to changwe the controller and it wasnt that it was a broken wire in the motor.

Also i have read a weak solenoid rare but can cause the same issue and also the F/R switch could be weak and cause it so theres to many ifs to run out and spend 400. to 1000. on a controller that might fix nothing at all .

I will just keep checking this thread and hopefully someone experienced the same problem and knows a fix.

Thank you all so far i highly appreciate it but thats another 3 days wasted and i am way behind in work now and got no where so my old cart is back together and im off to work.

everything is highly appreciated from you guys.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #48
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Can i buy one of these controllers? i dont really understand how to know what amp etc i would need or if they would work? http://www.everythingcarts.com/c-449...ller-only.aspx
Old 07-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #49
purplewg
Gone Wild

Ah, don't give up so easily. lol I know your frustration. I am going through it with mine now. Don't mind buying a controller or rewiring a motor but I don't want to pay to fix something that is not broke.

When you say slow, how slow? GPS'd it?
Old 07-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #50
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewg View Post
Ah, don't give up so easily. lol I know your frustration. I am going through it with mine now. Don't mind buying a controller or rewiring a motor but I don't want to pay to fix something that is not broke.

When you say slow, how slow? GPS'd it?

At first when i take off its almost normal but still takes off way to slow compared to every other cart here at the camp. Then on flat grounf it goes not to bad at first . then i go up a hill and it starts going slower. It seems excactly like the batteries are dying as i drive .Then i stop and take off again and it starts to go somewhat ok again. Almost like something is over heating but nothing is hot at all.

So speed starts about 8 mph on flat ground then decreases after climbing a couple hills to a crawl. I stop sit a second and take off again. At one point i thought i was stuck but after sitting a minute i climbed a big hill and got back to camp,
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha