lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2015, 09:28 PM   #51
gopokes
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2000 DS build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Nope, you are not charging the last battery, and it got so low that the operating current has actually reversed the polarity on the battery.

That batterry is definitely gone.

The other batteries were overcharged, but they should be fine.

Make sure when you install the new battery that both the pack positive cable and the charger positive wire are on the same post on the last battery.
Son of a! Dang it, I would almost swear I put the cables back exactly the way they were from the old batteries. I must have messed that up. It doesn't seem like the positive from the charger plug is even long enough to get to the last post. Must have it routed wrong.

Thanks for all your help. I'm assuming the guys I bought the batteries from will tell me to go fly a kite...
gopokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2015, 09:05 AM   #52
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'm surprised how many times I've read about people short-wiring their charging leads when they replace their pack, and leaving one battery out of the circuit. I guess the only good news is that adding a new battery to their "almost-new" battery pack usually works out OK.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:34 AM   #53
gopokes
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesam View Post
I'm surprised how many times I've read about people short-wiring their charging leads when they replace their pack, and leaving one battery out of the circuit. I guess the only good news is that adding a new battery to their "almost-new" battery pack usually works out OK.
Yeah I'm not sure how I pulled that off, but what a idiot. I'm glad that I didn't do more damage. If it only cost me one new battery I feel lucky. Thanks again to Sergio for the heads up on that. I would have just put in the new battery and had the same thing happen again I'm sure.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:50 AM   #54
gopokes
Not Yet Wild

Got the new battery and installed it last night, and hooked the charger wire up correctly. Runs like a champ! I did plug it in and noticed a little bit of a smell again. Now I'm wondering if the smell is just a little bit of a residual smell. Would that normally happen?
Old 08-06-2015, 08:03 AM   #55
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The new battery likely was not fully charged so it still caused the existing ones to somewhat overcharge.

Are the individual battery voltages close to each other after rest?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:04 AM   #56
gopokes
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The new battery likely was not fully charged so it still caused the existing ones to somewhat overcharge.

Are the individual battery voltages close to each other after rest?
Thanks again man! I didn't get a chance to check them this morning, but will as soon as I get to the house tonight.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:34 PM   #57
gopokes
Not Yet Wild

Well all of the original batteries were at about 8.5, and the one new one was 8.4. The whole pack was at 50.2.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car