lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2015, 08:53 PM   #11
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery light

Stang99x. Its sounds like it's way past your bed time and you've overdone your medication.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2015, 09:20 PM   #12
stang99x
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
Stang99x. Its sounds like it's way past your bed time and you've overdone your medication.
You must be right. I guess my years of repairing carts EVERYDAY are irrelevant and you the "internet expert" should be as in stone as the word of god. My apologies his majesty. Perhaps you should go take a royal nap, you must be tired from advising the peasants.
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:39 AM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

While a led voltmeter is always a great thing to have for monitoring voltage at different situations, low voltage is most likely not your problem.

Unless you have a couple of 1,000 watt light bulbs for brake lights, your brake lights will not drop the battery pack more than the motor when it is running.

You probably have a wire pinched under the brake pedal, a short in the brake light circuit or just plain miswired connections.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:55 AM   #14
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
You probably have a wire pinched under the brake pedal, a short in the brake light circuit or just plain miswired connections.
To follow up on this... and me not being a sparky, or Precedent guy...

I remember David (Tahoe) saying something about the brake light switch being part of the brake pedal pad on the older Precedents,
That could be a possible shorting problem... Yes?/No?

Just a thought!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:19 AM   #15
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I know its a bit late in the convo for this...but I forgot to post it with my first reply.

battery light.JPG
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:02 AM   #16
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
While a led voltmeter is always a geat thing to have for monitoring voltage at different situations, low voltage is most likely not your problem.

Unless you have a couple of 1,000 watt light bulbs for brake lights, your brake lights will not drop the battery pack more than the motor when it is running.

Of all the post for this thread, this is the most likely one to be the correct answer.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:47 AM   #17
Qman97
Getting Wild

Personally I would rather have the digital real time readout of the battery stack than an idiot light.

Right now I have to stop, lift the seat, and pull out my meter to see where I'm at on the volts. With the digital readout I can just turn the key and get a reading.

I realize this won't tell me what's drawing the power but it will give me an idea and I can see the voltage while driving in real time real world use.

Just my 2€
Qman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:40 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang99x View Post
You must be right. I guess my years of repairing carts EVERYDAY are irrelevant and you the "internet expert" should be as in stone as the word of god. My apologies his majesty. Perhaps you should go take a royal nap, you must be tired from advising the peasants.
We have seen alot of cart techs pass through here over the many years we have been helping people with their cart problems. They range in talent from hacks to factory ace. Your probably not either but your style of telling everyone how over qualified you are and suggesting product you haven't even tried is not the most beneficial advice they can find on the internet. Take a back seat and post when you are really needed.
As for me being an internet expert? I am. Few retired service techs put themselves out on the net where I have. Consequently I have upgraded 450 carts so far this year and carefully walked each customer through the upgrades with instructions, illustrations, and diagrams, and tech notes I have personally written, drawn, and compiled for them.
Then I sit on the phone with them, or answer 30-90 emails a day, and walk the people who can't read or understand the instruction through their installs & repairs.
Additionally I have given helpful advice to thousands of BGW members on a daily routine since 2006. And helped insure the advice that is posted here is the best they can get.
So yeah - I guess you are right. I'm an internet expert.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:51 AM   #19
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
We have seen alot of cart techs pass through here over the many years we have been helping people with their cart problems. They range in talent from hacks to factory ace. Your probably not either but your style of telling everyone how over qualified you are and suggesting product you haven't even tried is not the most beneficial advice they can find on the internet. Take a back seat and post when you are really needed.
As for me being an internet expert? I am. Few retired service techs put themselves out on the net where I have. Consequently I have upgraded 450 carts so far this year and carefully walked each customer through the upgrades with instructions, illustrations, and diagrams, and tech notes I have personally written, drawn, and compiled for them.
Then I sit on the phone with them, or answer 30-90 emails a day, and walk the people who can't read or understand the instruction through their installs & repairs.
Additionally I have given helpful advice to thousands of BGW members on a daily routine since 2006. And helped insure the advice that is posted here is the best they can get.
So yeah - I guess you are right. I'm an internet expert.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:07 AM   #20
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

I kinda like "His Majesty"
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car