lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2015, 10:51 AM   #1
brunson67
Getting Wild

Default Advanced DC motor input or experience?

Does anybody have any information or experience using an Advanced motor in their cart? It's a 5.5 HP, 5600rpm, 48 volt motor.
brunson67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2015, 11:05 AM   #2
txpres
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Advanced DC motor input or experience?

If you are talking about the AMD #7144, I am using it and it works great. Top speed is 38mph on flat ground with std gears. I do have the Curtis programmer so I was able to optimize the controller settings.
txpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:18 AM   #3
brunson67
Getting Wild

My local cart shop is selling it to me, so I don't have a model number yet. I'm using a 700 AMP FSIP controller, super duty solenoid from Scotty, and #2 cables throughout with OBC stud. Its a stretched 2001 Club Car, lifted, running 25" tires. I am going to switch to 23" once these wear out. And stock gears.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:59 PM   #4
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpres View Post
If you are talking about the AMD #7144, I am using it and it works great. Top speed is 38mph on flat ground with std gears. I do have the Curtis programmer so I was able to optimize the controller settings.
That is some danger zone rpm. 8000+ !
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 01:51 PM   #5
txpres
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
That is some danger zone rpm. 8000+ !
It sure would be if I was running std size wheels/tires. Bigger tires reduce the motor RPM.
txpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 02:00 PM   #6
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

True. How tall are your tires?
Old 08-04-2015, 02:05 PM   #7
brunson67
Getting Wild

Based on the specifications, it appears to be AMD #7119.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:30 PM   #8
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

You get your brake issue lined out brunson67?
Old 08-04-2015, 02:37 PM   #9
brunson67
Getting Wild

Funny you ask, This has been driving me crazy - At first I thought it was the master cylinder, its a Wilwood 260-11097, 5/8" bore, tandem master cylinder, obviously a great brand, but I thought maybe it was defective, as the piston was not returning, causing the brakes to severely drag. As I had mentioned, I designed this kit and built it many years ago, before there were kits on the market (my cart was a long project!), so Wilwood master cylinder, Club Car Carryall calipers, Honda civic rotors, my own brackets, etc. What I discovered last night is when I unhooked the rubber lines from the remote reservoir, I had a trickle of brake fluid coming out, very small trickle in little bursts, I then un-screwed the so-called vented cap on the reservoir and the flood gates opened up, full flow of brake fluid. I think I have a faulty vented cap. I'm assuming this is placing a sort of vapor lock on the system, not allowing the fluid to travel back into the reservoir as pressure builds. Any thoughts on this?
Old 08-04-2015, 02:42 PM   #10
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunson67 View Post
Funny you ask, This has been driving me crazy - At first I thought it was the master cylinder, its a Wilwood 260-11097, 5/8" bore, tandem master cylinder, obviously a great brand, but I thought maybe it was defective, as the piston was not returning, causing the brakes to severely drag. As I had mentioned, I designed this kit and built it many years ago, before there were kits on the market (my cart was a long project!), so Wilwood master cylinder, Club Car Carryall calipers, Honda civic rotors, my own brackets, etc. What I discovered last night is when I unhooked the rubber lines from the remote reservoir, I had a trickle of brake fluid coming out, very small trickle in little bursts, I then un-screwed the so-called vented cap on the reservoir and the flood gates opened up, full flow of brake fluid. I think I have a faulty vented cap. I'm assuming this is placing a sort of vapor lock on the system, not allowing the fluid to travel back into the reservoir as pressure builds. Any thoughts on this?
Sounds plausible. You should be able to determine pretty quickly if that was the issue. That would be great if that's all it took to fix it!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car