lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2015, 12:08 AM   #1
Hardin083
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club cart precedent lift, springs, and brakes

So for starters I've done a lot of research on this forum and have found lots of good info, also learned lots of stuff that has my wife saying "can't you just leave that cart alone" haha. Anyhow I just got my first cart a 07 precedent 4x12v 48 volt cart, and I'm just going through everything to bring it up to date to be safe for me and the family. The cart has a rhox spindle lift on it. Here's the cart below. The cart appeared In good shape but just wasn't conpletely taken care of the way I would like.

So far I've ordered new tires and aligned the front end. The original owner had the front toed out over 2 inches which trashed the front tires, steering sucked,and the tires also have bad flat spots so the ride, well it sucks. Also found all the front end bushings were completely shot and the spindle lift at the kingpin probably never greased at the zerk fittings. So now just waiting on my new tires to show up this week and the front end should be good to go.

Inside tire wear from bad alignment.

So I've focused on checking the rear end next, primarily due to a small rubbing noise I've noticed. Almost sounds like the rear brake drums slightly rubbing on tbe drivers side when I let off the gas. I found the brake line on this side is pulled pretty tight and when the throttle is under way the rear end rolls forward slightly Taking the pressure off the brake line and no rubbing until the throttle is let off and the axle rolls back slightly pulling the line tight and causing rubbing. It's sounds very minor but needs addressed none the less. I've also tightened the bolts on the rear end to help with the axle rolling. The small concerns I have is the the rhox lift doesn't even use U-bolts it just has a plate and some 3/8" bolts which ive never seen on any lift before. Seems like a U-bolt should be used but the rhox lift comes standard that way from my research. So I have a few questions on the brake line and rear springs if anyone can help. Is the driver side brake line and passenger side independent coming off the brake pedal which would maybe allow me some adjustment on the driver side length? If not maybe I can fabricate something or add a longer line. Also the rear springs are just a single spring which I'm guessing are the original stock springs. Anyhow the springs are pretty much riding flat and wanted to know if this is normal? The rear end seems to ride good and nothing is bottoming out as of now when I have rear passengers. I guess my concerns are if they are okay to run this way or if I need to replace them with some new ones maybe the medium duty springs. Any info is appreciated.

Rear springs

Bolts instead of U-bolts
Hardin083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2015, 05:36 AM   #2
Hardin083
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club cart precedent lift, springs, and brakes

Well after running some more searches it appears I can possibly flip the brake brackets or add a passenger side cable to help my brake line issue which I see is common with the 6" lift installed. Lots of good info found in the searches.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:24 AM   #3
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Lots of people have been asking me what to do with the brake cables of a Precedent vehicle with a 6" lift. There is an issue due to brake cable length of these vehicles. This is my solution...

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post946037

David has been there ,
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:10 AM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Hardin083,

The All-Sports lift kit is going to include everything you need to convert the rear over to the way it needs to be. It looks like you need to add a set of heavy duty springs as well. They are pretty much mandatory on a lifted Precedent. The rear-only lift kit is available if you're interested. Just send me a private message or contact me via website. Thanks.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 02:17 PM   #5
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

You will do well to heed what David has to say. He's a straight-shooter. And while you're working down there, the shock bushings look like they need to be replaced.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 02:37 PM   #6
Hardin083
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
You will do well to heed what David has to say. He's a straight-shooter. And while you're working down there, the shock bushings look like they need to be replaced.

Yeah they are looking a little dry I plan to replace those while I'm down there as well as the leaf spring bushings. Good eye!

I'll be contacting Tahoedawg about some parts. Thanks for all the replies. Time to get this cart brought up to speed.

Tags
alignment, axle, lift, rhox, springs
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car