lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2015, 11:46 AM   #11
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Controller upgrade and now having to unhook wires to get my charger to come on!

Recommend moving those two small neg. wires to B- on controller and only having the large neg. cable attached to neg. on battery pack. That allows the OBC to read all current draw.

If you pull the two center battery to access the controller and move wires, take some pic of controller and wiring and post pics.
Lakebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2015, 11:54 AM   #12
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Controller upgrade and now having to unhook wires to get my charger to come on!

Not sure what the OBC lockout takes , pin 5 seems to disable the charger,??

would need controller documents to verify,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg obc lock.JPG (81.6 KB, 0 views)
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:01 AM   #13
WayneMac
Not Yet Wild

Called AllTrax and spoke with customer service and they said this does usually happen when you change controllers but usually the OBC will start recognizing the new controller after its reset one time by disconnecting the negative wire running to the OBC. I have done this 2xs now and I had to unhook twice. He said i may have an OBC going out now. I will run it and try the charger again and hopefully they will work as it should.
WayneMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:03 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Perhaps You misunderstood what they told You, but the OBC has nothing to do with recognizing a new Controller.

Where do those 2 small black wires that are on the pack negative go to?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:10 PM   #15
WayneMac
Not Yet Wild

[QUOTE=Sergio;1190258]Perhaps You misunderstood what they told You, but the OBC has nothing to do with recognizing a new Controller.

Supposedly according to the place I purchased my cart from and did the upgrades recently, those are wires for my 12 volt adapter and any other accesory I may have which would only be light to my knowledge. The guy at Alltrax clearly said that it would take the OBC to be reset once at least for the charger to come on. Not disagreeing with what you are saying at all because I surely dont know. I just find it suspect that it was charging fine before, now it doesnt.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:24 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

As long as one of those small black wires does not go to the charger receptacle, the only issue with tapping the negative for the accessories at the main negative is that the OBC cannot account for that current usage.

The OBC measures (counts energy units) current going through the Hall effect sensor (the hole in the OBC).

All connections for any negative should be off the Controller B-, that way the current passes through the OBC and it can account for how much current is being drained from the batteries.

When You charge the batteries, the current goes first to the controller B- and then to pack negative through the OBC so it measures the current being replenished.

That information is kept in volatile memory inside the OBC.

When You disconnect power from the OBC for 10 minutes or more, the memory is lost so the OBC has no idea how much charge is in the battery pack.

The OBC will then use an algorithm called dv/dt to charge the batteries.

Once that first charge takes place (sometimes more than once before a valid profile is saved), the OBC will again revert back to count energy units going in and out of the pack.

At no point there is any information needed from the Controller for that process, so the controller has no involvement in the charging process.

I would double check that those small black wires do indeed go where You think they are going.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:56 PM   #17
WayneMac
Not Yet Wild

I plan to just unhook those 2 and see what works or doesnt work after they are disconnected. If the cart still runs correctly except for maybe the 12 volt plug and lights, i will then see if it charges or not. I will update after my experiement! Thanks again
Old 08-20-2015, 11:29 AM   #18
WayneMac
Not Yet Wild

Update: Rode my cart for about 20 min yesterday evening and went and parked it, flipped the switch to tow, plugged her in and the charger came on. Did nothing differnt to it except flipped the switch to tow before i charged it. Scratching my head now.....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car