lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2015, 12:30 AM   #1
Bigchief803
Gone Wild

Default IQ conversion help???

Hey guys new here. Just picked up a winter project. It's a 97 CC DS and the guy started the IQ conversion has any one on here done it yet. I have the wiring harness. Need to know where the best and most affordable place to get controller. Plan on going to Plum Quick this week to get me a motor. Thanks for any tips or help.
Bigchief803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2015, 12:48 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: IQ conversion help???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigchief803 View Post
Hey guys new here. Just picked up a winter project. It's a 97 CC DS and the guy started the IQ conversion has any one on here done it yet. I have the wiring harness. Need to know where the best and most affordable place to get controller. Plan on going to Plum Quick this week to get me a motor. Thanks for any tips or help.
We have Curtis 350 amp controllers on sale at the moment. You can find them on our web store. They're currently cheaper than the OEM 250 amp version and will give you a bit of added torque.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:50 PM   #3
Bigchief803
Gone Wild

I will check that out thanks.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:11 PM   #4
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

To be compatible with an IQ controller, I think you will also need a Pre-MCOR to MCOR4 conversion kit, available HERE - The vendor (same one with the Curtis 350 amp controllers on sale) will tell you for certain, whether you will need the MCOR kit or not.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:55 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesam View Post
To be compatible with an IQ controller, I think you will also need a Pre-MCOR to MCOR4 conversion kit, available HERE - The vendor (same one with the Curtis 350 amp controllers on sale) will tell you for certain, whether you will need the MCOR kit or not.
That is correct. However, the Pre-MCOR to MCOR conversion kit includes a little bit more than what he'll need. It includes a wire harness adapter which is unnecessary since he already has an IQ wire harness that plugs into an MCOR.

The cheaper AM293101 MCOR to MCOR4 conversion kit will be sufficient.

In addition to that you'll need the following..

If the vehicle has a PotBox under the floor you'll need to order qty 1 1011694 Accel Bearing and Bracket assembly to replace the potentiometer. If it has a V-Glide throttle control you may skip this item.

You'll need a new Pivot rod for the accelerator pedal, part number 102026001. The old style pivot rod does not have a barb for the MCOR drive bar to sit on. We have all of this in stock. Contact me if you're interested. Thanks.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:22 PM   #6
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thx David - valuable info for when I get off my wallet to make that change, myself. BTW (should have remembered to ask in my prior note) - he'll need a tow/run switch also...yes? Its not part of the harness is it?
Old 09-01-2015, 06:07 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesam View Post
Thx David - valuable info for when I get off my wallet to make that change, myself. BTW (should have remembered to ask in my prior note) - he'll need a tow/run switch also...yes? Its not part of the harness is it?
Correct. I didn't sell him the harness so I don't know what he does or doesn't have.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:10 PM   #8
Bigchief803
Gone Wild

I will check tomorrow and see what all I have in the boxes. Is this a simple plug and play deal. Or have I opened a can of worms buying this project?
Old 09-01-2015, 09:35 PM   #9
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
plug and play deal / have I opened a can of worms
A bit of both - there's the mechanical side (throttle mechanics changeout) and the harness (essentially plug & play with a new IQ controller). David will be an important "de-worming agent" to help make your project go smoothly (eg. buy your required parts from him where possible) - he knows IQ inside out so he'll be able to scrutinize your list of bits & pieces to ensure you'll have what it takes - and he can be reached via this site (or his) if you get puzzled.

Your doing now, what I'm planning on doing in a year or so (if my old/black controller gives out - then much sooner of course). The difference is, I'm leaning toward keeping my original motor and hoping to invest the "saved" dollars in a newer hi-tech controller (XCT series) which should create a (similar I hope) performance boost.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:42 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigchief803 View Post
I will check tomorrow and see what all I have in the boxes. Is this a simple plug and play deal. Or have I opened a can of worms buying this project?
There's not a can of worms big enough that we can't help you with. Don't sweat it. Give me a ring tomorrow and we'll figure out exactly what you have and exactly what you need. I see your name is Bigchief "803" Is that your area code? Where do you live? The 803 area code starts just across the river from me in South Carolina, about 10 minutes away.

All of my contact information can be found on my website. The link can be found below.

Tags
club car 1997
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car