lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2015, 04:18 PM   #11
wilsonsk
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2003 Club Car DS Questions - 1st time cart owner

I will check when i get home, what should it be?
wilsonsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2015, 04:21 PM   #12
wilsonsk
Not Yet Wild

The draw goes down to around 2 amps and seems to stay there, is there a way to test the charger?
Old 09-22-2015, 04:24 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Fully charged pack after 12 hours rest should be around 51v.

There are some stickies on the top of the forum about batteries:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...batteries.html

Keep in mind that regardless the batteries condition the charging cycle should end after 16 hours and the cart should be disabled during the charging cycle.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:23 PM   #14
wilsonsk
Not Yet Wild

So I had it on for about 10 hours, current was down to about 2 amps, volatge with charger on was 61 V, after 15 minutes of rest with charger disconnected, 58.6 V. I'll check in the morning again and see what it looks like.

I disconnected the plug from the cart and with the charger plugged into the AC power, it appears to shut completely off, no audible hum even with my ear pressed against it. No voltage at the + and - prongs on the DC plug.

I checked the gray wire off of the the charge port on the cart and it goes to a yellow fuse holder and then in to the wire loom back to the OBC area. Appears to be as it should. I checked the 6-pin connector coming out of the OBC, no visible jumpers, all of the wiring appears to be as it should.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:22 AM   #15
wilsonsk
Not Yet Wild

I know it hasn't been 12 hours rest, more like 7.5, but I need to go, I checked battery voltage and it is 51.2.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:04 AM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Your pack voltage looks fine.

It would be nice if the battery warning light was working, but that is also a function of the OBC.

If the OBC successfully reset by disconnecting the pack for more than 10 minutes, the battery warning light would come on the first time you tried to drive the cart.

The battery warning light would also come on if the charging cycle took more than 16 hours.

If the OBC did reset, the first few charging cycles would take longer since the OBC would be using a dv/dT algorithm trying to get a base line for the pack condition.

Make sure there is only one cable on the pack negative battery post and that the cable is going through the OBC.

After you drive the cart again, the next time you plug the charger look for the self diagnostic cycle (note that the cart has to be driven first).
The charger should come ON and go to full amps regardless of how much charge is on the pack.
The charger will then go OFF in about a minute and come back after a few seconds.
If everything is OK the OBC starts the charging cycle.
If the OBC reset properly, you definitely waited more than 16 hours for the cycle to finish and You are using the stock controller, the OBC has failed.

I would reach out to RevolutionGolfCars to check for a new OBC.

Since You mentioned you did not have a good wiring diagram for Your cart, I am attaching one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2003_DS_IQ_MCOR_Wiring.jpg (519.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-23-2015, 08:39 AM   #17
wilsonsk
Not Yet Wild

Thank you sergio, i"ll check those things.

I don't know for sure that i have left it charging for a full 16 hours or not, very close i know.

The charger does go to full amps when i first connect it, even if it was recently charged. I haven't watched it closely after connecting the charger to see if it turns off or not after a minute.

All of this being said, i need to leave on Oct 5th for oklahoma (i live in minnesota).

If it turns out the OBC is bad and i can't get ot changed quickly enough can it be used and charged by monitoring the length of charge?
Old 09-23-2015, 09:00 AM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It does appear the OBC is still controlling the charging current correctly as the current is dropping to 2 amps, so in this particular case I think you can get away by waiting until the current has been in the 2 amp range for a couple of hours and turn OFF the charger.

If You do have a chance, let the charger run for a full 16+ hour period to make sure it is not just the OBC getting a baseline for the pack.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:02 AM   #19
wilsonsk
Not Yet Wild

I drove the cart a little then put it on the charger. I watched it for 5 minutes, it started at around 18 amps and over the 5 minutes dropped to about 10, it never shut off in that time. I'm going to leave it go for 16+ hours.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:47 AM   #20
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Did You notice if the OBC ran a self-test, charger off and on again at the beginning of the cycle?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car