lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2015, 02:49 PM   #11
cjburt22
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
If the solenoid clicks right after the key is turned ON, you have bigger problems.

If the solenoid clicks ON after the pedal is pressed (and then OFF), You may have accidentally disconnected one of the controller spade connectors for F1 or F2.
Ok, I was able to run home just long enough to check when the solenoid operated and it is when I first turn the key on and then goes back off. This has happened before now that I think about it and I had to reset the obc. Which did not work this time. So what are my bigger problems? You got me freaking now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
cjburt22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2015, 02:51 PM   #12
cjburt22
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Alltrax has their own software that you can use for diagnosing issues. It's a free download on their site and I believe you can purchase the cable at Radio Shack. Someone who knows more about Alltrax will be on here momentarily to confirm. I'm sorry, but my experience is primarily with the Curtis factory controllers.
Since you asked if this was a Curtis programmer, it got me thinking. Can I still do the test you mentioned earlier?

Old 09-30-2015, 02:58 PM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Issues with OBC on 2003 Club Car IQ

You can, but it's not gonna do you any good. If your solenoid clicks, it indicates that the controller is powered up. The test I mentioned forces the controller to power up by bypassing the lockout circuit within the OBC. The clicking solenoid indicates that it's not locked out.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 03:09 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjburt22 View Post
Ok, I was able to run home just long enough to check when the solenoid operated and it is when I first turn the key on and then goes back off. This has happened before now that I think about it and I had to reset the obc. Which did not work this time. So what are my bigger problems? You got me freaking now

That comment was because I thought You had the OEM controller which does not engage the solenoid with just Key switch ON.

You need to post the exact controller model # you have

Pictures of the setup would help as well.

Some of the Altrax controllers (if that is what you have) have blinking error codes when You first power up the controller.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:41 PM   #15
cjburt22
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That comment was because I thought You had the OEM controller which does not engage the solenoid with just Key switch ON.

You need to post the exact controller model # you have

Pictures of the setup would help as well.

Some of the Altrax controllers (if that is what you have) have blinking error codes when You first power up the controller.
Ok, when I get home I'll get that info posted. Also to restate it, my original obc operated fine, it just wouldn't allow the charger to come on. I'm thinking about reinstalling it to see if the problem reverses again.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:30 PM   #16
cjburt22
Not Yet Wild

Ok here's what I know, I put the original obc back in and still doesn't drive now or charge, so basically it's gotten worse. I made sure all connections are good. My programmer says D&D motor system(see pictures). When I turn the key on the solenoid engages then disengages. I checked the LED light on the controller when the key is turned on it blinks 7x then goes solid. Does that tell you anything. uploadfromtaptalk1443666407372.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443666509892.jpg

Old 09-30-2015, 09:39 PM   #17
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

It's an Alltrax controller. D&D is just who sold it. I'm anxious to see what you find with the diagnosis within the controller. I'm almost willing to lean towards an MCOR failure. The MCOR is the black throttle control device underneath the passenger's floorboard. The micro switch inside the MCOR can fail and cause the cart not to run. It can be temporarily jumped or bypassed to see if it has failed. Jack the back of the cart up and get the tires off of the ground before you do it. Unplug the 2 pin square connector from the MCOR and jump the wires together within the connector and see if it'll run. If it does, replace the MCOR with part number AM293101 MCOR4 conversion kit.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:43 PM   #18
cjburt22
Not Yet Wild

Ok I've had an MCOR go bad before but that time I only had half to full throttle so with the power this cart has I was either spinning tires or pulling wheelies, lol. I'll have to try that test tomorrow. I'll call D&D or Alltrax tomorrow also and see that code means. Thanks again for all your help and time.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:49 PM   #19
cjburt22
Not Yet Wild

Just thinking out loud again but having a bad mcor wouldn't make the solenoid go on and off would it? After tinkering more I noticed the solenoid will only engage once with the switch each time i go from tow/run. It won't hit a lick again until I switch it back.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:53 PM   #20
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjburt22 View Post
Just thinking out loud again but having a bad mcor wouldn't make the solenoid go on and off would it? After tinkering more I noticed the solenoid will only engage once with the switch each time i go from tow/run. It won't hit a lick again until I switch it back.

The solenoid obviously cycles when you turn on the key. I've seen that before with certain aftermarket controllers. The solenoid is also supposed to click once the micro switch in the mcor closes when you depress the pedal. On the IQ system, the controller disperses the energy to the solenoid and makes it click. I'm thinking that the failed micro switch in the MCOR is causing the controller not to get a signal from the MCOR, therefore it's not making the solenoid click when you press the pedal.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car