lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2015, 08:25 AM   #1
Bowtiejc
Getting Wild

Default Uphiil voltage drop

I have a lifted 07 precedent with speed magnet and speed code up to 4. It has 22 inch tall tires. It has the 4 12 volt Trojan batteries, Almost a year old. My fully charged volts ate around 52volts. If I hook a volt meter to the pack and watch the volts drop going up the hills in.my neighboorhood. They are pretty steep. What would a normal voltage drop reading be. My cart will run 23 mph on.flat ground. And it slows down to about 12 to 13 up these hills.
Bowtiejc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2015, 08:31 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Uphiil voltage drop

The 48v pack has 24 cells.
At full charge each cell would be 2.12vpc
To me an acceptable drop under load would be in the neighborhood of 1.8vpc or 43.20 measuring the pack total. Momentary dips could be lower but not for more than a few seconds.

Speed magnet changes cause the control to mis-read the motor rpm, allowing higher top speed. This does nothing for the torque. A bigger speed control (etc) is needed for improved hill climbing.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:37 AM   #3
Bowtiejc
Getting Wild

Ok cool. The lowest it went was 44.9 then started back up pretty quick. I was going to get a purple motor from plumquick but didn't know if it would give me more speed and torque . So I guess I should just change the controller. Any suggestions in which ine. Thanks
Old 10-15-2015, 09:42 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I am having really good results with the XCT400IQ in our precedent.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:05 AM   #5
Bowtiejc
Getting Wild

Cool. Thanks man
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car