lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #11
PBB
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2008 Badboy Part question

Is it fiberglass or plastic? I have a white fiberglass roof that looks like yours that you could paint black for $100. I'm in KY if that helps.
PBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2012, 07:54 PM   #12
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You can purchase a sheet of aluminum for $100. Another $100 to have someone bend the edges over. You mount it and paint it. And you have a much better roof for half price.
TheWiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #13
TFSole
Not Yet Wild

@PBB...plastic.

@TheWiltz...will paint stick to aluminum easily?
TFSole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #14
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Scuff prime them paint. Most new cars have some if not all aluminum body panels. Or you could do bed liner. That's nice also.
TheWiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #15
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I am in St Louis and called to all the cart shops and got a top for $50- it was dirty!!!!!
I sprayed it with mean green and took it to the car wash to blast it off.

when it was dry, I had a glass ( or two) of an adult beverage
and rattle can sprayed it- looked nice

the cart I have has turned over once- we hit the edge of a hill, that was leaves not ground LOL- my buddy laughed he has never seen me move that fast

how important is the roof basket?
since I have had this cart- nothing has ever been put in the overhear section
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #16
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you would take measurments of the roof's bolt holes......front width, rear width and how far apart they are I or someone could measure our roof and see if it is close or not?

I actually have a TXT roof on my Marathon and it fit with very minor modification. If you do not care about the basket the only thing that would matter is how far apart the front and rear roof supports are. If they are close to the same you could always drill new holes in the roof support that match the holes in the TXT roof.
ab46501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #17
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Looks like the roof on an old Marathon.... which were plastic too, with an aluminum trim. I mounted a roof rack on mine. One time in the summertime sun, I had a bunch of wet ski gear in the rack & the roof buckled under the load.

On my Txt, I made a roof over the cage out of FRP, or fiberglass reinforced plywood with a black rubber trim. It's black on top, white on the bottom & tough as nails. I mounted a surfboard rack to it & have carried two 40 lbs paddleboards on it without any problems.

Pics of both these in the links below.

If you use your rack to carry stuff, then I'd make the roof out of FRP or diamond plate or something way more durable than a stock cart roof.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiltz View Post
Scuff prime them paint. Most new cars have some if not all aluminum body panels. Or you could do bed liner. That's nice also.
I just checked my Acura, Honda, and Toyota with a magnet. I have steel and plastic. Not sayin' paint won't stick to aluminum, but am questioning your statement, though I have a small sample to go by.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #19
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The only cars I know of with aluminum panels are the old Mopar WO and RO cars. Aluminum is expensive. I can't see anyone building a mass market car out of it. I am sure a few exist, but MOST, naaw...
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #20
PBB
Getting Wild

You can scuff aluminum and prime it with zinc chromate primer and then paint it. I painted some aluminum wheels on my old camo blazer. The zinc chromate primer was a blackish grey / green color. I liked it so well I decided not to paint them. That's been at least 20 years ago. I'm sure there is something new on the market by now.
PBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO