lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: transform a 36v TXT to a hunting vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Welcome to the money-pit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by labatt50 View Post
I feel like I'm in the "Matrix"
Funny, That's what I was thinking about when I posted this, this morning.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I do think I did. Did your buggy crawl up these hills? I can do about 25mph going down (it flies) then just crawls up the next hill?
My buggy did great on flat and downhill, but crawled uphill, even with decent batteries. I actually beat some carts with newer batteries uphill.

I let a kid drive my buggy, and it was so excruciating uphill, he stuck his left foot out to push the cart, Flintstone mobile style, up the hill. He was wearing flip-flops and found out the hard way that we were going quicker than it seemed.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Holy smokes!
I'm on the road right now, but I'll be back at the computer in about an hour. I can't wait to dig into all these great questions then.
As to the "who", there ain't no one better than ScottyB for your upgrades!
Old 08-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #14
crash51730
Not Yet Wild

We've got lots of questions for Scottyb. Can you tell hunting season is near??
crash51730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Hello All!
I have many questions for the pros!

Here are the specs:
36V 2006 TXT Standard, series (F/R below seat no tow switch)

-Ordered a 6" lift and 22" wheels
-flip seat
-light kit

I live in hilly terrain and am worried about them (the hills). The cart already goes very slow up hills, I'm trying to figure this out now. Batteries 2010 but the person I purchased it from had it sitting for 1/2years without using and never really charged it. Cables get a little warm after use. It crawls up a gravel hill.

I'd like a little more speed (20-25mph) but lots of torque for hills.

1) Where should I start (cables, batteries, controller, motor...?)
2) What's the best place to purchase all this stuff from?
3) I only want to do this once, so I want to do right the first time, money isn't an issue (but I'm not looking for a hot rod) it will get beat up a little. I'm more concerned with the guts as opposed to accessories.

You guys have done this all before many times it sounds like, so what would you do if you were me?

Thanks for reading!

22" tires are good, 23s are okay. These will change your final drive gear ratio by about 30%. Meaning you will need 30% more torque just to get back to the torque to weight ratio it started with as a cart for golf.
The plus side is the bigger tire will cover more ground per revolution so you will have increased top end by as much as 3-4 mph.

You can get a bigger controller. This will allow the motor to access more amperage. More amperage = more torque, this will help with the big tires and the hills..... not to mention that 150# rear seat, which weighs out like a small passenger on the cart all the time.
For a Series cart like the one here, the real performance improvements come from increasing voltage. A boost from 36 to 48v will increase both torque and speed by 33%, add to that a controller which has a bigger capacity for amperage flow and you can see a 50% increase in torque. Speed improvements can add up too as the bigger tires turn faster under more voltage.
The next level is an aftermarket motor. We have 8-10 hp motors that will give a total torque improvement of 70-80% over stock.
Hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #16
labatt50
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash51730 View Post
We've got lots of questions for Scottyb. Can you tell hunting season is near??
LOL, too funny. this is my last project this summer; would love to finish it. Then it's archery time and not a whole lot gets done from a tree stand:)
labatt50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #17
labatt50
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
22" tires are good, 23s are okay. These will change your final drive gear ratio by about 30%. Meaning you will need 30% more torque just to get back to the torque to weight ratio it started with as a cart for golf.
The plus side is the bigger tire will cover more ground per revolution so you will have increased top end by as much as 3-4 mph.

You can get a bigger controller. This will allow the motor to access more amperage. More amperage = more torque, this will help with the big tires and the hills..... not to mention that 150# rear seat, which weighs out like a small passenger on the cart all the time.
For a Series cart like the one here, the real performance improvements come from increasing voltage. A boost from 36 to 48v will increase both torque and speed by 33%, add to that a controller which has a bigger capacity for amperage flow and you can see a 50% increase in torque. Speed improvements can add up too as the bigger tires turn faster under more voltage.
The next level is an aftermarket motor. We have 8-10 hp motors that will give a total torque improvement of 70-80% over stock.
Hope this helps.
We need to talk tomorrow, or tonight if your still around
Old 08-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #18
labatt50
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

doing some work right now on the buggy.

Here's some battery info.
Exide XTRA GC110
total volts 38.45
each cell 6.41, 6.42, 6.43, 6.41...

-All cells were on the border of good (green) and weak (yellow) for a hygrometer test.
-with a handheld load tester, each battery dropped to the border of green/yellow (good/weak)
-nothing was in the red.

How's this all look?
Old 08-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It is very possible that good/weak is not going to be good enough when you have bigger tires and larger controller allowing the motor to access more amps to make more torque.... how old are your batts?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #20
labatt50
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
It is very possible that good/weak is not going to be good enough when you have bigger tires and larger controller allowing the motor to access more amps to make more torque.... how old are your batts?
person I bought it from said 2010. By the sounds of it, the cart sat in the garage for a year or so.

Btw, the slowness up hills is still with factory set up. I haven't installed lift kit or wheels yet. Been trying to figure out the power issue first.

I tried to attach a photo? did it work?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo-1.JPG (145.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO