lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
ripdis85
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Precedent brake upgrades

Hey
Anyone know if they make front or rear disc brakes for a Precedent?. I know Jakes has a kit but I believe that it can only be used with their spindle lift kit.. I have an Allsports 6 " a arm lift.
ripdis85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #2
Offtwice
Member 23082

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent brake upgrades

Jakes front disk brakes does not require a lift - no one makes a 4wheel disk brake package for the precedent yet - I fabbed one and it wasn't that tough
Offtwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #3
Laser
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I installed the Ausco mechanical disk brakes on a 2007 CC Precedent. They use the factory brake cable and I'm really pleased with the additional stopping power. There are several posts here where people suggested reversing the calipers (putting the left on the right side and vice versa) and mounting them above the axle, not hanging below. The advertised claims of installing them in 30 minutes isn't realistic IMHO. It took about three hours for the first side, then about an hour for the second side. Ausco makes a good product that works well, and they are made in America.
Laser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:48 AM   #4
ripdis85
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offtwice View Post
Jakes front disk brakes does not require a lift - no one makes a 4wheel disk brake package for the precedent yet - I fabbed one and it wasn't that tough
On jakes website it says
Jake's hydraulic front brake kit for lifted 2008.5 & Newer Club Car Precedent models. **THIS KIT ONLY FITS CARTS LIFTED WITH A JAKE'S SPINDLE LIFT THAT HAS JAKE'S NEW 2008 SPINDLE DESIGN** **CART MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 10" WHEEL WITH STRAIGHT BELL ON BACK SIDE** **IF YOUR CART IS A 2008 YOU MUST CHECK THE BACK SIDE OF YOUR HUBS. IF YOUR WHEEL STUDS ARE RAISED YOU NEED THIS KIT. IF YOUR WHEEL STUDS ARE COUNTERSUNK OR FLUSH WITH THE HUB YOU NEED PART# 7252.**

I'll contact them and see if it will work with my allsports kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser View Post
I installed the Ausco mechanical disk brakes on a 2007 CC Precedent. They use the factory brake cable and I'm really pleased with the additional stopping power. There are several posts here where people suggested reversing the calipers (putting the left on the right side and vice versa) and mounting them above the axle, not hanging below. The advertised claims of installing them in 30 minutes isn't realistic IMHO. It took about three hours for the first side, then about an hour for the second side. Ausco makes a good product that works well, and they are made in America.
So the stopping difference is noticeable?.. Also does the caliper portion sit inside the rim?.. I have a 4in. backspace on my wheels so I'm wondering if they might rub
Old 10-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #5
Laser
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Here's a photo of the installation, which I hope answers your question about the Ausco brakes better than a written description.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0285.jpg (109.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-23-2012, 01:52 AM   #6
ripdis85
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Here's a photo of the installation, which I hope answers your question about the Ausco brakes better than a written description.
Does the caliper portion sit in the wheel or is it just the disc? any pics with the wheels installed from behind?

Thanks
Old 10-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #7
Laser
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Only the disc sits in the wheel. There is a gap between the rim of the wheel and the caliper. I have seen another post where the type or size of wheel someone had did not work with Ausco brakes. It's worthwhile calling them with your wheel make and size to check it out prior to buying.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:00 PM   #8
SilverPhantom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Only the disc sits in the wheel. There is a gap between the rim of the wheel and the caliper. I have seen another post where the type or size of wheel someone had did not work with Ausco brakes. It's worthwhile calling them with your wheel make and size to check it out prior to buying.
Old thread revived.....

Laser,

Just out of curiosity, what would having a 4-wheel disc brake set cost?

SP
SilverPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car