lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
pcarenthuz
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Just bought a used DELTA-Q QUIQ 913-4800-E5 48V on Ebay

I hope it's in good shape. The seller says it is. I've read good things about them.

Pat Arnold
pcarenthuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
PBB
Getting Wild

Default Re: Just bought a used DELTA-Q QUIQ 913-4800-E5 48V on Ebay

I use the Delta Q's on most of the carts that I convert to 48V. They normally come with (10) pre-set algorithms so that you can pick the correct one for the batteries you plan to charge. If your charger doesnt come with a list of what the (10) pre-set algorithms are, make sure to contact Delta-Q and give them the charger part number. The tech guys can tell you what the pre-sets are and which one you need to use for your specific batteries. Once you have it wired up it's easy to page through them using the LED lights until you find the correct one for your batteries.

Good Luck!
PBB
PBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #3
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Read this..... it will help.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...procedure.html
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:17 PM   #4
pcarenthuz
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys! The charger arrived today and seems to be in beautiful shape. I won't be able to test it for awhile as I need to purchase a new set of batteries. I've sent Delta an email asking about the algorithm to use on the Crown CR-260s I plan to buy.

Pat Arnold
Old 01-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #5
pcarenthuz
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Okay, so it seems the charger I bought is not necessarily meant to be mounted to the cart given the external EZGO style plug it has. I sort of knew this before the purchase based on the sellers picture in the description.

I had planned to simply cut off the EZGO plug and hardwire the DC end into the cart. It would appear it's not as simple as that based on what I'm reading elsewhere here on BGW. Seems the DC plug end may have some resistors and/or thermistors in it for sensing/control feedback??

Has anyone gone down this road? The rest of the unit, near as I can tell, looks like any typical Delta-Q onboard unit.

Pat Arnold
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20130112_001.jpg (282.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #6
pcarenthuz
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Folks,

It looks like I'm being told by Delta-Q Support that this charger is programmed/designed for Trojan flooded cell batteries only as it's purpose built for EZGO or Cushman 48v using Trojan's only. It does not have the ability to change algorithms. Under different circumstances this wouldn't be a bad thing but I now have a deposit on a new set of Crown's.

I guess you live and you learn. I figured this charger would work just fine. I've asked the outfit that I bought it from to be allowed to return it.

Pat

Last edited by pcarenthuz; 01-12-2013 at 04:14 PM.. Reason: correction
Old 04-21-2013, 01:55 AM   #7
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcarenthuz View Post
Folks,

It looks like I'm being told by Delta-Q Support that this charger is programmed/designed for Trojan flooded cell batteries only as it's purpose built for EZGO or Cushman 48v using Trojan's only. It does not have the ability to change algorithms. Under different circumstances this wouldn't be a bad thing but I now have a deposit on a new set of Crown's.

I guess you live and you learn. I figured this charger would work just fine. I've asked the outfit that I bought it from to be allowed to return it.

Pat
Pat,
I have had a delta-q charger for some time that has the ezgo plug on the end also. I plan to mount on cart as an on-board charger. I had talked to someone at delta-q a couple years ago, and they said I could do it. They said it would work without the themistor, but they gave me a dealers phone number where I could purchase a thermistor. Mine, however if I remember correctly, was programmable.
Was it because yours is not programmable, that you were unable to use it? Is there that much difference in the Trojans and the Crowns? Both are flooded.
I was planning on purchasing US Battery batteries, as I have a dealer close.
Thanks
kdeerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO