lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
88 ez go
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default no forward or reverse

Just installed alltrax axe 4855 and hd F&R switch have back up beeper and cart does not move forward or backwards, have not installed diode yet on solenoid
88 ez go is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
88 ez go
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: no forward or reverse

checked connections now have forward no reverse have backup beeper but when pedal pushed solenoid does not click or nothing. Also have a voltage gauge in dash and when put in reverse the light on gauge is out.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Did your cart run and have FWD and REV before you did the upgrade? If so, then (and maybe you already did this) go back and double check your wiring. Pay special attention that you have the top wire on the F\R switch going to A2 on the motor, and that you have the M- on the controller going to A1 on the motor.

If you have the F\R B & D (left and right) switches reversed, all that will do is make Forward be Rev and vice-versa.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Does your F&R have a small jumper wire between the forward and the reverse MS? If no you may not have solenoid activation power in R
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
88 ez go
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Does your F&R have a small jumper wire between the forward and the reverse MS? If no you may not have solenoid activation power in R
yes there i a jumper wire between them
Old 01-18-2013, 05:49 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Sounds like the Cam in the F/R switch isn't being rotated to the stops fully or the microswitches on the F/R assembly aren't adjusted properly.

Here is a drawing showing that the rollers on the microswitch levers drop into indentations on the outer circumference of the Cam.

The NC contacts on both MS-2 and MS-4 are closed in Reverse and only MS-2 in Forward.

Getting the beeper, but no solenoid in Reverse means MS-4 is closed, but MS-2 isn't.

If the Battery meter is fed from the Key-Switch, it will also be dead when the NC contacts of MS-2 aren't closed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F-N-R with microswitches on cam.JPG (60.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #7
88 ez go
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Have to get FR linkage adjusted right when put where old control was wont go into forward move it the other way then cannot get reverse.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:40 AM   #8
88 ez go
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

need help when I installed HD F&R I marked where old one was, now with the new one it will go backwards not forward moved over F&R now it will go forwards but not backwards whats the trick to a happy medium? When I have reverse and switch to forward seems like rod is too long. By the way this is a 2007 Ezgo TXT series.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #9
dmi518
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i took my fnr apart the other day to clean it and had the same problem when i put it back together.

The center shaft square that turns the cam had to be clocked a 1/4 turn and then all was right again.

good luck
dmi518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 ez go View Post
need help when I installed HD F&R I marked where old one was, now with the new one it will go backwards not forward moved over F&R now it will go forwards but not backwards whats the trick to a happy medium? When I have reverse and switch to forward seems like rod is too long. By the way this is a 2007 Ezgo TXT series.
This is a shifter adjustment problem. The F&R has 2 slotted mounting holes in the bottom. These are used to move the F&R side to side in the cart for shift linkage adjustment. I tell all my customers to mark where the old switch is located on the cart floor BEFORE they remove it so the new one can be put in the exact same spot as the old one.
Maybe if you look closely you can see where the old one was sitting?
Otherwise it is just a matter of experimentation to find where the linkage moves the lever to full F&R, as seen in johnnies attachment, the switch cam MUST move from stop to stop to get full contact alignment.
When the cam is in any position other than at these cam stops there is partial (or no) contact. Operation in partial contact will result in damage to contacts or F&R housing due to heat.
Hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO