lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Install of TXT battery tray in RXV

I know some people wanted a post created to see how this project goes. To start out, I got an inverter a 300 watts 30 amp 12 volt reduces 24 - 48 volts. I went with the aluminum battery tray and ordered a 10 post fuse box. I test fitted the tray in a broke down cart and it appears it will only require drilling new holes to mount the tray. Next step is to strip down cart as I am rewiring accessories and adding speakers. I will start posting pics through the process.
Hate the thought of going a few weeks without cart.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2013, 10:53 PM   #2
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Install of TXT battery tray in RXV

Thanks for sharing the thread. I am interested in the same mod.
MiltonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Any Pics ?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #4
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've done a few of the tray conversions to run 8x6 instead of the 12x4. Never used an aluminum tray always used steal.
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #5
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I went with aluminum an man is it light. You will see in the pics that I mounted the tray backwards as not to have to cut the tabs on the TXT tray. I am making sure that if I choose to, Ican return to stock so doing as little modifications to both the cart and tray. As you can see it is pushed up to the front support. I will attach it to the 2 metal supports on the front to make sure it is secure and it is resting on the front lip of the floor board also. I had to trim a little to make room for wire harness but other than that no mods.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1359238633517.jpg (20.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #6
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here is a picture of the back. The straps came with the kit and I flipped them upside down as the bend in the straps was perfect to help support the tray from underneath. I drilled and counter sunk the screws as per the other side. I did the same on the top to make sure the bolts don't interfer with the body.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1359238625273.jpg (19.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #7
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Since I got my cart torn apart I am also going to add heavy duty springs since I am adding batteries and am going to try and replace stock shocks with aftermarket ones that mount to the original spot on the axle. This would give me a little more travel. The body was extremely easy to remove also. I hope in the near future to add overhead speakers. That will be my next project?

Does anyone know what wire is the switch wire on the RXV. I am installing inverter but have heard horror stories of people burning up controllers when testing to find a switch source. I am considering just adding a switch next to lights switch and not touch stock wiring harness.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO