lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #21
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: What size trailer should I get?

I used to pull a Hobie Cat 16' with a small Toyota truck. The side mirrors could see through the boat..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #22
Babyboomerboy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

OK, it looks like my best bet would be a 5x10 with a wooden floor. Anything else I might need? Thanks
Babyboomerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #23
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Good straps.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #24
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

tailgate to drive up
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #25
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Yep, the last two post cover most. I've got the 5x10 with wood floor, drive up tailgate, and manual winch up front.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #26
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Here is my trailer I use for my '07 PDS. It is a 5 x 9 Tarter brand sold at my local Tractor Supply. I would have preferred a 5 x 10 but found this one used but like new and snagged it dirt cheap near my home. My cart has a rear flip seat and I have to back it on and get the foot rest over the front rail for the ramp to close. The bed mesh (not ramp mesh)deformed under the tires the first time I put it on so I bolted some 2 x 10 runners to the deck and also added another section toward the front with a beveled edge so the foot rest will clear the rail. Shown in the center of the bed are two 2 x 10 x 4" ramps I have to put about 2' up the ramp on level ground to get the foot rest to clear the ramp. I can also back up to a small incline and lower the ramp and not need this. I plan to add 2" longer rear shackles this spring to rememdy the clearance issue and rear spring sag. With the 13" tires this thing tows great and I hardly evey notice it behind my Toyota Tacoma.

BTW, if you end up with a mesh bed and want to add wooden ramps note that the distance between the front wheels and rear wheels is different at least on the EZGO TXT PDS.

If I wanted a brand new trailer I would get a 5 x 10 wooden deck with either a "dove tail" or a folding ramp. On the dove tail the last 2' is sloped down about 8" with a shorter ramp.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Carttrailer.JPG (955.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Carttrailerramps.JPG (901.5 KB, 0 views)
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I've had all sizes and types for 1-3 carts. The best single cart trailer I've had is one I bought from a rental yard. It was made for a ride-on trencher. It has a drop axle and it tilts for loading. It has 2 big tires as big as the truck. I bought it on CL for $150. I did some minor modifications. Hard to say what I like best about this rig, the low profile & easy loading, or the light weight. Both save gas compared to the fold up tailgates.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4664web.jpg (86.1 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #28
popatop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you get a trailer with wire mesh floor, what I did to keep it from stretching and sagging, I welded angle iron on the bottom of the wire mesh in between the original floor angle iron that was on the trailer works good now, no sagging, a little extra trailer weight but worth it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trailer 001.jpg (347.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg trailer 003.jpg (328.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg trailer 004.jpg (291.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg pear tree's 002.jpg (267.0 KB, 0 views)
popatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #29
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I've had all sizes and types for 1-3 carts. The best single cart trailer I've had is one I bought from a rental yard. It was made for a ride-on trencher. It has a drop axle and it tilts for loading. It has 2 big tires as big as the truck. I bought it on CL for $150. I did some minor modifications. Hard to say what I like best about this rig, the low profile & easy loading, or the light weight. Both save gas compared to the fold up tailgates.
Wow, what a great find. I found a few drop axle tilt bed boat trailers on CL that could have been modded which would have been ideal. I had looked for "golf cart" trailers but found very few. I guess with the popularity of people trailering their own carts to golf courses the specialized market disappeared. I would think with the big boom in non-golf use of carts there would be some interest in a specialized drop axle tilt cart trailer. My local cart shop dude told me that he sells about 300 carts per year and usually 10 are for golf.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO