lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
crystallattice
Not Yet Wild

Default Curtis 1243 parameters programming

Hi Guys,

My friend, a golf cart expert asked me, the electronics expert, (according to him!) to get him a new 1243 controller as his contact can't get them anymore. I proceeded to get one directly from a curtis distributor and not a golf cart spares supplier.

Here the problems start: The cart an IQ if I'm not mistaken, but according to my friend, an exact clone of the EZGO had a 1243 controller in but was not working so not sure if it was original.

I managed to get the PC software and made a cable but were unable to connect yet. I did however get my hands on the handheld programmer and this works. I've changed the throttle type and also the accel time. Also a few safety parameters and now the cart moves but not too well.

The throttle takes very low and when you press it too far the cart stops, release the pedal again and it goes again. Release it altogether and the carts STOPS, no real free wheeling.

So my question is: Does anybody have a quick run down of the parameters which needs adjusting on a ex factory virgin controller and what the usual values should be?

A dump file from a working cart will be nice if I can manage to load it into mine if the software starts working or if I can use the software to view the parameters and program them in using the handheld programmer.

My concern with the throttle is that it is set to a type 3 which is a 0-5K ohm pot (2 wire) but my pot measures 0-10K ohm (2 wire). So it might explain the dead spot after a while but from memory it should work.

Anyone with some insight on the parameters, please give me some help! I'm off to RTFM, but not sure how that will go....

Thanks!
crystallattice is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2013, 03:02 AM   #2
crystallattice
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Curtis 1243 parameters programming

So, I've managed to get my hands on a parameter file for the same controller from a golf cart. Only problem is it is a .cpf file and my software needs a .par file. Renaming it does not work. I connected my version of the software to the internet and managed to get an update, its now v3.12 (Build 35) Update patch 4. I have not tried connecting again to the cart but this morning when I tired it (before update) it did say connecting, but then failed, so there is a bit of hope.

When I looked at the curtis website and the datasheet of the 1314 PC software it seemed like it's way different from mine and even shows a pic of a .cpf file loaded. Is it then that my software is way outdated? If so, is there anyway I can update or get a new version from somewhere/someone?

Thanks
crystallattice is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO