lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
mrgreenheads
Not Yet Wild

Default Electrical Burn Out

Ok Fellas,

I had a stock TXT with a little larger tire that was working just fine for what I used it for (Sporting CLays Course)

Was out last weekend with the youths doing some shooting and the thing just dies and I started to smeel electrical smoke so I lifted the seat and out comes bif smoke ball

Got her home and found that the control harness had gotten over on the hot post of the solenoid and fried it (burnt the entire carraige and the solenoid and controller "NOT SURE ABOUT MOTOR")

Tell me what you would do to it
mrgreenheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Electrical Burn Out

Well, there are some test you should be able to run on your controller to see if it's still working. IT may be that a neg and pos wire somehow touched and when that happens, the wires will weld together.

OTOH, if your controller was overworked, it could be the source of the "Big Smokeball." I had my controller "smoke up" on me....and it looked like a nuclear bomb go off.

So, take a logical approach. Test your controller. Then test your solenoid. Disconnect your power first. I'd also check your battery power level. With your power disconnected, press your "gas peddle" and listen for the microswitch to give a small "click" sound under the floor board by the peddle. If you don't hear this click, your microswitch could have fried as well.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
mrgreenheads
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Dave

I have done all of the above with a local guy who is teaching me the basic use of a multi-meter and he has diagnosed that most of the thing you suggested are indeed faulty

Now with that being said where can I find a complete wiring harness for this machine I mean every electrical micro switch and wire so I can change them out and them test he controller with new wiring
Old 02-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

You should just contact Scotty B. on this forum. His web site is here: http://www.cartsunlimited.net

And just run thru a few post and you will find him. Then just send him a PM and reference this thread....tell him what you have...he will ask you a pile of questions, and give you recommendations of what you need.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

I agree greenheads... scottyb will not steer ya wrong.. sorry about the problems.. sporting clays huh?? got any old model 12s for sale..lol...
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #6
mrgreenheads
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by subby44 View Post
I agree greenheads... scottyb will not steer ya wrong.. sorry about the problems.. sporting clays huh?? got any old model 12s for sale..lol...
Sorry Subby,

Those are safe queens and they are getting harder and harder to find so I will hold onto them for a while
Old 02-20-2013, 09:00 PM   #7
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgreenheads View Post
Ok Fellas,

I had a stock TXT with a little larger tire that was working just fine for what I used it for (Sporting CLays Course)

Was out last weekend with the youths doing some shooting and the thing just dies and I started to smeel electrical smoke so I lifted the seat and out comes bif smoke ball

Got her home and found that the control harness had gotten over on the hot post of the solenoid and fried it (burnt the entire carraige and the solenoid and controller "NOT SURE ABOUT MOTOR")

Tell me what you would do to it
Pix???
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #8
mrgreenheads
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Pix???
I would but since I am such a new member it will not let me link the pics in so sorry I cant put them up right now
Old 02-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #9
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

I'll check back soon.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:41 PM   #10
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

Greenheads, Yes they are safe queens... I have 5 of em and love em more than my cart.. I also have a 32 inch vent rib 1100 remington... That is a rare bird too... I hope the new harness and things work for ya..
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO