lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #11
mrgreenheads
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Electrical Burn Out

Still have not found a donor wiring harness any one on here got any local places that might have it as all of mine say they cant get it and I dont for some reason beleive them
mrgreenheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #12
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Why not just build you a new one? You can pick up primary wire just about anywhere. as long as the connectors aren't melted you can just clip them off and solider them back on to the new harness. if they are damaged you can look on line and source new ends and add them to the wire. it may be easier and cheaper than trying to find a used replacement. Just a thought. I have had to build several harnesses...... Now I prefer it, as I can route the wiring where I want it and make for clean installs and less chance of things like what happened to you(and me) from happening again! Just a thought.

Good luck

Arin
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #13
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
Why not just build you a new one? You can pick up primary wire just about anywhere. as long as the connectors aren't melted you can just clip them off and solider them back on to the new harness. if they are damaged you can look on line and source new ends and add them to the wire. it may be easier and cheaper than trying to find a used replacement. Just a thought. I have had to build several harnesses...... Now I prefer it, as I can route the wiring where I want it and make for clean installs and less chance of things like what happened to you(and me) from happening again! Just a thought.

Good luck

Arin
mrg. Is that even in the thought? I agree with Bum, but if it's out of your reach you should talk it somewhere to have someone else do it. Before you go so far as paying someone else to rewire your cart we would like to see some pictures of what has gone bad.

Chances are that only a wire or 2 has let go.

A few pictures of the whole carts wiring at a short distance plus some pictures of any relays and contact points.

You might have only lost one or two connections with bad results from a few tired electrical components. Before you go spending the farm on all new stuff, I would like some pictures. We may be able to save you a few hundred bucks? If your willing?
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:49 AM   #14
mrgreenheads
Not Yet Wild

I like doing it that way but the 10 pin connector for the controller is fried and don't have a clue where to resource it

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #15
dmi518
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not sure which style connector you need exactly but let me know the exact year and style series,dcs,pds, and i may be able to find one at the place i deal with. a lot of old carts , the mechanic usually digs up whatever i need.
dmi518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #16
mrgreenheads
Not Yet Wild

Great news .... I found an entire harness at a fellas house that I heard about thru a freind of a freind .... it took a while to track the fella sdown and he was the nicest gentleman when I asked him if he had it he said yep just got one of those carts in and its back here and if you take it off you can have it

FREE aint bad now to get her put on and see what really is the problem
Old 02-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #17
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

wow.. That is great... I think it is a shame the younger gen is not going to be like that...
OLDER people ROCK... I am not trying to highjack here... But, I went to an older ladies house tonight with my parents. this lady just lost her husband and is selling out and moving to Michigan.. She was showing the house and I noticed some heavy trees had fallen in her yard and she needed some basic house maint.. I told her i would be back this weekend to take care of the trees and help with the house.. When we were leaving, she gave me a all but new 24 inch snowblower and a 48 john deer riding mower.. for doing the work for her.. I refused.. she said if i did not take it she was gonna give it to somebody.. so i took it.. The only bad thing is... as we were leaving my Dad looks at me and says... if I buy the house you are bringing back my mower and snowblower... LMAO
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #18
mrgreenheads
Not Yet Wild

BAD NEWS .... I got the harness installed and now I have bigger issues.

I cant get the main Solenoid to activate and I took the Tow/Run Switch out of the cover to do some maint and did not label which it was in before I did so and dont even know if I have in the right direction(rookie move)

So with no main solenoid I cant see if any thing else is faulty like the controller.

I hate having to go to the parts store after every step when there should be a wasy to find out everything that is bad a get it at one time grrrr
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO