lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #11
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Default Re: Directional Signal upgrade

My pleasure my good man! It's what the board is here for.

A year ago I new NOTHING about these carts - all of my knowledge has come from this site, and while I still have a TON to learn, always happy to help a new member
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #12
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Dela,
I got the batteries in and the cart is not working. On to the lights, did you have to put in a brake light sensor or is that already in the wiring harness? My cart has four wires our of the rear by the tail light but the light only has 3 wires and only tails are working now. I assume it will blink once I get the blinkers in but not sure about brake lights. Do you know?
flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #13
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

In an earlier post you said the brake lights were working? On carts with factory brake lights the lower (big) part of the brake peddle "floats". There should be a couple of springs under the pedal and when you push on it by hand you should hear the microswitch click. These assemblies are not very durable apparently so yours might need to be rebuilt. Mine only work if I push on the left side of the pedal.
If you bought a factory turn signal harness you have to unhook the red wires from the brown wires at the tail light and reconnect the red wire to the white wire on the drivers side and the red wire to the yellow wire on the pass side. Did the kit not come with instructions?
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #14
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
In an earlier post you said the brake lights were working? On carts with factory brake lights the lower (big) part of the brake peddle "floats". There should be a couple of springs under the pedal and when you push on it by hand you should hear the microswitch click. These assemblies are not very durable apparently so yours might need to be rebuilt. Mine only work if I push on the left side of the pedal.
If you bought a factory turn signal harness you have to unhook the red wires from the brown wires at the tail light and reconnect the red wire to the white wire on the drivers side and the red wire to the yellow wire on the pass side. Did the kit not come with instructions?
I just put new batteries and I was checking everything out. I thought I had brake lights but they don’t work now, the tail light is very bright maybe the brake light it stuff. I thought I had both brake and tail but once I checked it today only tail or stuck brake, I thought my memory was screwing with me. Since you said that, I think I may have remembered right that they were working. I did a lot of washing and scraping to the battery area to get rid of rust and repaint before putting the new batteries in. Maybe I got something wet. I will have to crawl under it to see if I can see that switch your talking about.
The directional signal switch didn’t get here yet so I hope there are directions. Thanks for your help.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #15
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If your cart has a 3 position key switch -- off, on and on with lights and the extra plugs in the cup holder on the harness as mentioned by Dela then the cart likely has factory lights which usually includes brake lights. Look for two wires zip tied to the the brake pedal arm that connect to the factory harness on the "firewall" behind the left front tire.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:09 PM   #16
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by flharleycop View Post
I just put new batteries and I was checking everything out. I thought I had brake lights but they don’t work now, the tail light is very bright maybe the brake light it stuff. I thought I had both brake and tail but once I checked it today only tail or stuck brake, I thought my memory was screwing with me. Since you said that, I think I may have remembered right that they were working. I did a lot of washing and scraping to the battery area to get rid of rust and repaint before putting the new batteries in. Maybe I got something wet. I will have to crawl under it to see if I can see that switch your talking about.
The directional signal switch didn’t get here yet so I hope there are directions. Thanks for your help.
How are you getting power to the lights? They are 12v so make sure you are only using 2 of the batteries for the lights. Nothing should be grounded to the frame on a golf cart. You didn't say but I'm assuming you are new to carts?
Old 03-03-2013, 11:15 PM   #17
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
How are you getting power to the lights? They are 12v so make sure you are only using 2 of the batteries for the lights. Nothing should be grounded to the frame on a golf cart. You didn't say but I'm assuming you are new to carts?
Yes new to carts, I haven’t done anything yet with the lights except test and replug in. They are on the carts circuit wired from factory, there is not 12 volt batter in the cart so I assume the factory has some sort or reducer on the circuit.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #18
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

There's a lead off of two batteries going to your fuse panel - that's your 12 v's

It sounds like your brake lights are stuck on - if they are that bright, it's the brakes - not the running lights. As Kernal said - there should be a microswitch under your brake pedal. Hard to locate without ripping it apart, but if you can get to a quiet place (go to your Happy Place like Gilmore) press down on pedal - switch is on lower part of pedal just under center - you should hear a click. Report back.

Regarding the 4 wires at rear lights, when you get your blinker switch you are going to need to change a few connections.

See here - http://goo.gl/VV99I
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #19
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
If your cart has a 3 position key switch -- off, on and on with lights and the extra plugs in the cup holder on the harness as mentioned by Dela then the cart likely has factory lights which usually includes brake lights. Look for two wires zip tied to the the brake pedal arm that connect to the factory harness on the "firewall" behind the left front tire.

Yes I have those, do I need a pressure switch? I didn’t see one by the brake stuff under it, so I guess I didn’t have brake lights working when I checked.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:58 AM   #20
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No, you don't need a pressure switch. It is built into the pedal.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO