lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
Dupe9876
Not Yet Wild

Default Please help

I have a 2007 36 volt txt. It is raised with tires and rims. I replaced the batteries a month ago. Today I rode my cart, parked it, later tried to use it, and it wouldn't move. It does click when I first engage the gas pedal. I lifted the seat to see where the clicking sound was coming from, and I think it's the silinoid ? There is a black wire that looks like it got hot and melted a little. What should i do next? Thank u for helping in advance!!
Dupe9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Please help

if you could post a pic of the black wire that was burned it would help.. Is it still connected? If it is, I would strip it back to clean wire and reconnect it. I bet that solves your problem. How old are the cables on the cart? what size are they?... hope this helps..
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:01 PM   #3
dave2you2
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Loose and corroded connections cause heat in the connections. clean all the cable connections and replace the burnt cable. pull on the cables to make sure they are tight.
dave2you2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:51 AM   #4
Dupe9876
Not Yet Wild

Here's a pic. It's the two wires that I'm pointing to. I cleaned it up and tightened everything. It just clicks when i engage the gas pedal. I think it's the wire that connects from the silinoid to the speed controller ?? Thanks for the quick replies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (103.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Hard to tell but it looks like the burnt wire may be touching the white plug next to it... that might have a little burn on it too?

D0 you have a voltmeter to test the controller?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #6
Dupe9876
Not Yet Wild

Yes I do, but I'm not too familiar with using it. Where do I place the conecters on the controller?
Old 04-01-2013, 07:07 AM   #7
Dupe9876
Not Yet Wild

I installed a new converter. Still not working. Clicking sound still there when I engage the gas pedal. What else could it be, and how do I fix it? Thanks

My kids are killing me to get it running... Please help!!
Old 04-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupe9876 View Post
I installed a new converter. Still not working. Clicking sound still there when I engage the gas pedal. What else could it be, and how do I fix it? Thanks

My kids are killing me to get it running... Please help!!

Converter? Do you mean controller?

It could be a failure in the high amperage delivery system. This requires a a good old tug and twist test of each heavy cable connection in the cart...... next a visual inspection of the F&R connections, any signs of heat there?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #9
Dupe9876
Not Yet Wild

Sorry, I did mean controller. I dont see any other melting, and all cables seem secure. Im not sure what else to do, other than bringing it in to a shop. and I really dont want to spend too much more money. thanks
Old 04-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #10
Dupe9876
Not Yet Wild

sorry, i did mean controller. All conections are secure, and i cant see any damage to anymore wires. I am trying not to have to bring it to a shop. i really dont want to spend too much more money. thanks for the help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO