lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #1
ihatethewinter
Not Yet Wild

Default installed new controller and now my cart won't go

i have a 2006 txt series cart and i just installed a alltrax 500amp controller. i wired it according to alltrax for a series motor. 6 brand new 8v batteries. also a new upgrade with the f/r switch. when i push the pedal i can hear a click and nothing. the led blinks four times, stops and then turns amber. i'm sure i'm not the first for this to happen.
ihatethewinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: installed new controller and now my cart won't go

If the LED blinks green four times, the controller is configured for an EZGO ITS throttle. That is normal.
The LED turning to solid yellow (amber) means: "Controller throttle is wide open, controller is supplying max output, and is not in current limit."
So the controller is saying the pedal is on the floor and the current flow is less than the unit's maximum current rating.

Sounds like you've got an open somewhere in the high current loop.

Jack rear wheels off ground and put on jack stands so half tone cart doesn't take off unexpectedly and run over someone or something.

Connect a DVM between B- and M- terminals on controller.
Press pedal until solenoid first clicks and you should read full battery pack voltage.

If not, more the test lead from M- to the C stud (12 o'clock) on the F/R.
If you get it there, the problem is in the A1&A2 cables or the motor (brushes?).
If not, move the test lead to the A stud (6 o'clock) on the F/R.
If you get it there, the problem is in the S1&S2 cables or within the F/R switch.

Let us know what you find.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #3
ihatethewinter
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: installed new controller and now my cart won't go

I found it. Didn't tighten the f/r nut tight enough. Thanks for ur time.
ihatethewinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO