lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2014, 03:43 PM   #1
RoadiJeff
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ-GO TXT Reverse Horn Stays On

Hi. I have a 36V EZ-GO TXT cart that the reverse direction did not work. I replaced both the forward and reverse micro switches on the directional assembly located in front of the seat. While I had it off I also replaced the reverse warning horn. I don't know if the horn was bad but it looked old and slightly rusty and for around $15 I figured I'd do it.

The forward and reverse operation now works fine. However, the reverse horn stays on, no matter which direction you're traveling. It doesn't matter what position the forward/reverse lever is in or whether the key switch is on or off. I had to unplug the ground wire to the horn under the seat to silence it.

It doesn't necessarily do this right from the start. If the cart has been sitting for a bit and I reconnect the ground wire it doesn't make any noise when sitting there or moving forward. However, once you put it in reverse and the horn sounds it stays on. I did notice that if I put it in forward and press the pedal it sometimes will stop the horn. It should not have to be done that way and I'm sure the operator of the cart would not be happy with it like that.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
RoadiJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2014, 05:26 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ-GO TXT Reverse Horn Stays On

Which drive system do you have?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo-guide-#2.jpg (139.0 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:01 PM   #3
RoadiJeff
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Which drive system do you have?
Hi Scotty. Thank you for the quick reply. It is the Sepex DCS system.

The local cart parts center, where our company bought the repair parts from that I mentioned in my first post, emailed me a copy of the DCS wiring schematic. From studying it I understand that there is a constant 36V to the reverse horn and the controller sends the ground signal to the horn as needed.

I would initially think that the controller is acting up. However, since the horn will sound with any ground signal going to it I am going to disconnect that wire from the controller and test to see if the wire has any continuity to ground. If I find something unusual I will start looking to see where that wire is bring grounded.

Am I on the right track or do you have any other ideas I could try? It will be Monday before I'm back at work and I can look further into it.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:42 AM   #4
RoadiJeff
Not Yet Wild

OK, I just finished doing the check that I mentioned in my previous message. When I removed the grn/blk wire from the controller side and checked it to ground. It was open, thus no part of the wire is being grounded.

However, when everything is connected and I go in reverse to get the horn to sound it makes a loud continuous BEEP. When I switch the directional lever back to forward the sound then becomes a rapid BEEP-BEEP-BEEP, even when not moving or whether the key is in the ON or OFF position.

Bad controller or something else I should check first?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO