lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2016, 06:37 PM   #31
hondarider203
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Cant find the knocking

Will do found a guy in the area that can do it I'll post back after I here back would a machinest be able to true it up to a new rod or will it have to be sent to j+m??
hondarider203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2016, 08:07 PM   #32
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I imagine your machinist should be able to true the new rod to the old crank. You may not need to go with a cart shop like J&M.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 05:03 PM   #33
hondarider203
Gone Wild

Club Car

OK quick update and a question I went to a michinest today and he said the crank is sored to bad to mic it he said if I can get an over sized connecting rod he can mill the crank down to fit. So the question is where do I get and can I get an over sized rod??
Old 03-25-2016, 05:52 PM   #34
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I think you mean you want an undersized rod, since the crank journal will have material removed, you need a rod with a smaller opening to mate up to it. I see undersized rods available for the FE290 motor, but haven't come across one for the KF82 yet. You might want to touch base with the guy from J&M, when I talked to him he made it sound like he could do the job with a standard rod, from what I remember.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:06 PM   #35
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Here's an interesting find, a KF82 crank for $60! However you'll want to compare it to your existing crank, if there's a difference it will likely be on the end where the clutch mounts, since this crank came out of a KF82 that was running an electric generator (not a golf cart). It looks like it could be the same...but I'd for sure confirm it by having the seller take measurements to make sure they match yours:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-KF-...25.m3641.l6368
Old 03-25-2016, 07:50 PM   #36
hondarider203
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have also been looking all night and leaning toward going big block I think it is going to be best bang for the Buck I will continue looking for a way to rebuild this one in the mean time and I will contact the eBay find and see what they say. Will update once I figure it out
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car