lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2016, 12:31 PM   #1
taterm6x
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo txt brake line after lift

My driver side brake line on my 2005 txt is too short after installing the jakes 5" lift.even if I loosened the backing plate, bracket etc up and "made it work" it's so tight, it's unsafe. I need only a few inches of extension to this cable. I can't find any info on extensions. Any ideas? Thanks
taterm6x is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2016, 12:46 PM   #2
taterm6x
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ezgo txt brake line after lift

If all else fails I may order a passenger cable and use it. Looks to be 10" longer which is to much but I should be able to zip tie it to the frame out of the way
Old 04-10-2016, 09:16 AM   #3
Helirich
Gone Wild

There was a thread on spinning the brake plate around so the cable goes to the top. You also must swap the plates from side to side so the cable goes out to the front. The guy said the cables were good on length then. Also they arnt hanging down to catch on sticks and stuff. I tried it on mine, but it wouldn't work because of clearance issues with the lift block. I'm going to try to modify the block in the future. Maybe it would work with your lift.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:58 AM   #4
taterm6x
Not Yet Wild

yeah, that's not going to work. Like you said, it would interfere with the lift block. What's weird is that the instructions make no reference to the stock cables NOT working. And I'm sure a million people have installed this lift with no issues?
Old 04-11-2016, 08:51 AM   #5
Helirich
Gone Wild

On mine I had to remove the lines from the clips on the bottom of the cart. So they go pretty much straight from the actuator to the brake plates. But they are just long enough. Are you trying to run though the clip?
Old 04-11-2016, 10:51 AM   #6
taterm6x
Not Yet Wild

no, mine are loose. the passenger side works great but the driver side is literally 1/4 inch too short. Even by loosing the bracket / backing plate and attaching cable first then tightening the backing plate and bracket its so tight that I'm afraid it would pop off.....that would mean no brakes!
Old 04-24-2016, 10:13 AM   #7
Helirich
Gone Wild

I finally did the brake plate swap successfully. If you want to try it, check this out.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...fted-cart.html
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO