lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2016, 10:24 PM   #1
EZGO_N_TAHOE
Not Yet Wild

Default New Motor Installed...Does this look right?

OK, I just installed my new motor (Redhawk Admiral MOT B2) in my 96 EZGO TXT DCS 36V cart. It has a Alltrax 400 AMP controller and upgraded battery cables ( 4 gauge I believe.) No lift and has stock tire size......It is programmed to field map 45 and with these settings (see picture)

My question is this.......It seems to be very close to the same top speed I had with my stock motor (20-21mph) however, when I take off from a stop, the torque does not feel the same or when climbing hills it is way slower. Do I need to do any adjustments to the motor in the programming? My batteries at full charge after about a 12 hour rest read around 37.8 but when I test each battery individually, they all are either 6.3-6.31 Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf.jpg (245.8 KB, 0 views)
EZGO_N_TAHOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2016, 10:30 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Motor Installed...Does this look right?

37.8 divided by 13 = 3, so you have 3/12v?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:42 PM   #3
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
37.8 divided by 13 = 3, so you have 3/12v?
I caught that as well?
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:44 PM   #4
EZGO_N_TAHOE
Not Yet Wild

Sorry.....typo on my part. Batteries read about 6.31 each.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:31 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

37.8 is 90% capacity. So your pack is not 100%. I suspect the system voltage is dropping pretty low under load. This will effect top speed. Can you attach a meter to the pack or get an in the dash voltmeter to tell us how low the voltage is dropping under load.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SOC new.jpg (96.8 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 01:13 PM   #6
EZGO_N_TAHOE
Not Yet Wild

ScottyB.....so here is what I found. I charged the batteries and left the cart sitting for 2 days (I wasn't home) Turned the cart on and the voltage meter read 37.6 I then tested each battery and they were either 6.30 or 6.31 I took the cart for a spin on flat ground, and from a dead stop to full throttle the meter dropped down to about 29.8 and then balanced out at 33.1 at full throttle. When I stopped it went back to 37.6 Sounds probably like the batteries, but just wanted to make sure I didn't need any adjustments for the new motor by changing any of the settings on the controller.
Old 04-24-2016, 02:49 PM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Your voltage is dropping quite a bit if it's at a full charge. You may have tired batteries. You might want to monitor them one at a time under load and see if they all are falling off.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 03:26 PM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

A 36V set of fully charged T-105 batteries that have just been broken in and are in excellent condition will drop about 1.0V per 100A of current.

When in perfect condition, the copper conductors alone in a set of 4Ga cables for a DCS/PDS cart, will drop about 0.5V per 100A of current.

A DCX400 controller drops 0.1V per 100A of throughput.

That total about 1.6V per 100A, not including the resistance of the 20 cable ends, or the 20 cable/terminal interfaces or the resistance of the solenoid contacts.

Run your cart with a laptop connect to the DCX controller and record a data file. That will tell you what voltage the controller is seeing between its B- and B+ terminals as well as the amount of current being drawn from the battery.

-----------
Looks like your batteries are nearing the end of their usable live.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO