lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2016, 02:10 PM   #1
Stretch660
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default EZGO Shuttle Cart

Looking for some more advice (just posted another question a few minutes ago). I have a shuttle cart that I came into, but I'm not sure of it's running condition. The batteries were all cracked (from freezing) when I got it. I know for a fact that it ran in the past. And it had been stored inside until I got it this fall. The battery cost is killing me though. It is a 48 volt system and takes 8 6v batteries. At $125 each, it's a hard pill to swallow to see if there are any other issues with the cart. If I were to unload it, what do you think would be a good place to start as far as cost? I know that these carts are expensive new, but you just don't see many of them for sale. What would this cart go for around your area, if it just needed batteries?

I have a few other carts and I may sacrifice one to buy the batteries for this one. I was going to customize it, but not sure yet. I haven't seen any cool pics of this type of cart out there, so I'd be out in no man's land as far as ideas. We'll see what happens.

thanks for looking.

Chris

shuttle ezgo.jpg
Stretch660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2016, 04:48 PM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZGO Shuttle Cart

I got a 6 seater shuttle just last fall. I posted a couple of questions about it back then if you want to find them and give them a looksie. Those shuttles are pretty hard to come by. I looked for two years before I found one that that was being sold locally by one of those new-age churches. It's a '91 so it's probably a couple of years older than the one you have.

Regarding the shuttle, the electronics are the same as regular EZ Go golf carts. Mine was actually 36v and I upgraded it to 48v with one of Scotty's standard kits. As you probably know, EZ Gos are pretty durable so most likely you just need batteries. Still, if you end up finding out something else is wrong parts will be easy to come by and, unless you are super unlucky and need a controller, it shouldn't be too expensive to fix.

Regarding batteries, yeah, they cost a few beans but, then again, you'll recoup a lot of that money in the price of the cart if you decide to sell it. I think a bigger question might be if you are going to actually use the thing or not. I needed more than 4 seats and I love these vintage shuttles so I that's what I got. If you don't need it you may as well sell it.

For the record, I bought mine for $2,000 AND it had new batteries. That said, I put $1,000 into the 48v conversion so total cost was $3,000. I am not including 8v battery costs in that number as I needed the 6v ones for a Pargo restore that I completed a couple of months ago. I was buying a set of batts no matter what.

If you decide you want to unload that let me know. My camp is at Pymatuning Lake (Ohio side). So long as the price is fair, someone there will buy it. Heck, I might even consider it.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:08 AM   #3
Stretch660
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thanks Lochlin,

I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I'm tossing the idea around of getting the batteries and selling or not getting batteries and selling. WOW, $2,000 for a cart like this with new batteries is a great deal. I already have a shuttle cart so I really don't need 2, but I'd really have to think about a price if I were to sell.

Pondering.......

Chris
Old 05-13-2016, 09:38 AM   #4
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Cool cart! Wish I had the need for something that big. I worked the WSG Tournaments back the in the 90s and early 2000s, probably drove that cart a dozen times!
lugster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:03 PM   #5
Stretch660
Getting Wild

Yamaha

That's too funny. I've worked for FCC for 25 years and that's how I come to own it.

Chris
Old 05-14-2016, 04:03 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch660 View Post
That's too funny. I've worked for FCC for 25 years and that's how I come to own it.

Chris
Retirement package?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 09:47 AM   #7
Stretch660
Getting Wild

Yamaha

More like, we need this thing out of here who wants to buy it. LOL.

They are now leasing all their carts instead of buying them, so the opportunities are becoming less and less.

Corp. America.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:39 AM   #8
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I was a paid "volunteer", we did all the food and beverage for the corporate trailers, my brother did it for over 20 years, probably beginning early 80's. The best perk was playing the south course on the Monday following, (until mngmnt changed it, not as many "volunteers" after that). Think my last one was 2005, great times though!!
lugster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO