lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2019, 05:17 PM   #31
Keperkey
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: How to get a smoother ride in a G29?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
That would be one way to do it.
Is there a better way?
Keperkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2019, 10:54 PM   #32
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

There are other options in most cases, Jake's offers heavier springs. The only thing I wonder about is "will the stock electric springs be enough".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:20 AM   #33
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

I ended up putting the gas cart shocks on my electric and it is definately a better ride. I had tried air shocks but they didn't last. As far as the clay cart goes the electric shocks will probably work as they are much heavier duty than the stock gas shocks.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 06:25 PM   #34
Geoff1200
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Harley Touring bike shocks, 13" air adjustable 0-40psi
Gradgiated from PMHS 78

Last edited by Geoff1200; 01-06-2020 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: oops
Geoff1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:55 PM   #35
Gingerbread827
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I just put some snowmobile shocks on my cart. They’re off of a 97 vmax snowmobile that I had laying around. They fit! And the ride in the rear is much more plush! I’m not sure about how it will handle a load now but with two people it seems just fine!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5113C50C-B262-44C1-9C33-0C6D01F87F40.jpg (21.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 61399944-5545-4A37-A66D-311997B8F0ED.jpg (11.3 KB, 0 views)
Gingerbread827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 11:10 AM   #36
moabken
Not Yet Wild

Has anyone tried to put the drive 2 shocks (2017 and up) on a drive 1 to smooth out the ride?
Are they compatible?
JOC f22 10 rear drive 2
JOC f3350 front driver
JOC f3390 front passenger
moabken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 07:49 AM   #37
John Bowes
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
Hi Volt Amp, I have a friend who is a Yamaha dealer, but he only takes new carts from Yamaha and stretches them for multi-passenger, wheel chair access, ambulances for stadiums, etc. So he has two boxes of them, 3 ft high, 2' square filled with both Electric and Gas shocks. He showed me the difference so when I did the latest cart build for a friend, I tried them and what the ride was great. About 6 months ago I installed another pack in a Yamaha YDRE and he was complaining of the harsh ride. I installed a set on it an he was quite pleased. If you are insterested in a set, let me know.
What is the part number for those softer shocks you installed for the G29? Were they both front and rear? I need something, as my G29 finds every bump in the road and sets my teeth rattling. I only use it for street use by the way.
John Bowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 08:30 AM   #38
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I don't know the part number of the ones that PingEye3 sent me but they were from a gas Yamaha drive cart. Ride is much improved with them over the stock ones. My Lithium battery pack is about 300 lbs lighter than the FLA batteries the cart had originally and it rode like an empty pickup truck with the stock shocks.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 04:01 PM   #39
John Bowes
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
Hi Volt Amp, I have a friend who is a Yamaha dealer, but he only takes new carts from Yamaha and stretches them for multi-passenger, wheel chair access, ambulances for stadiums, etc. So he has two boxes of them, 3 ft high, 2' square filled with both Electric and Gas shocks. He showed me the difference so when I did the latest cart build for a friend, I tried them and what the ride was great. About 6 months ago I installed another pack in a Yamaha YDRE and he was complaining of the harsh ride. I installed a set on it an he was quite pleased. If you are insterested in a set, let me know.
Hello PingEye3. I'm having a tough time finding the gas model shocks for the G29 to smooth out my electric G29 ride. Can I get the contact info from you for your Yamaha dealer friend who has that box of used gas model shocks? Thank you.
Old 10-07-2021, 04:07 PM   #40
John Bowes
Not Yet Wild

What would happen if I were to take off my G29 (electric) shocks and cut off a bit of the spring(s)? It seems to me that the more coils of spring you have, the stronger the spring - anyone know?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha