lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2017, 09:25 PM   #1
Chevy072
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default motor/controller suggestions

Looking for some speed and a torque boost and need some advice please.
I have a 2001 club car DS 6 passenger series cart. The motor and components are stock however i just installed a jakes 6" lift and 23" tires with 14" rims. Currently the cart will do 17mph on flat ground and 14 up an incline with the stock 48 volt set up. I would like sound advice on what i would need to get a steady 25mph out it. This cart is just for cruising the neighborhood.
Chevy072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2017, 10:52 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: motor/controller suggestions

The Alltrax SR 500 controller, 2 gauge cables, heavy duty solenoid, heavy duty F&R switch, and an Admiral A1 motor should do the trick. I recently installed this setup on a DS and it runs a steady 26-27 MPH with 23" tires. I wouldn't expect yours to be quite as fast due to the extra weight, but it should be close.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:08 AM   #3
Chevy072
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I spoke with Vick at D and D and he said he could get me maybe 18-19 mph without me burning through F&R switches. I am already getting 17 just the way it is. Its very strange because i wasvgetting 17 on gps before the lift and 23" tires and still showing 17 after. Could i maybe just put a controller on the stock motor and upgrade wiring and break 20mph?
Chevy072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:57 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The stock motor isn't going to perform any better no matter what amperage you put to it. Not to mention, the stock GE motor has very small brushes and would burn up very quickly. The stock GE motor is one of the weakest links in your system. Another similar build I did was a D&D ES-81-25 Motor on a lifted Carryall 6 with a full steel cab. Used the SR500 controller on this one as well. Mid 20s for speed with all the power in the world. No F&R switch issues yet. It's been almost a year. You could always use a reversing contactor if you're concerned with the F&R switch. It definitely wouldn't melt.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car