lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2017, 10:16 PM   #11
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New to me 2003 Club Car Questions...

TidePride50,
Thats a nice looking DS.

If you put two gallons of water in just three batteries you may have them over filled.

As someone previously said just fill each cell 1/4" above the plates in the batteries. If you have some cells filled to much just use a turkey baster to take some solution out of the overfilled cells, and put that water in some of the other cells a you haven't filled yet. The water/acid solution will expand when you charge the batteries, so very important that they not be over filled.

Then take the initial battery voltage reading. Hopefully you have access to a digital volt meter, they are a very important tool for testing and maintaining your golf car battery's.

About 12 hours after a full charge, you should check each one again and let us know what the have for voltage.

As someone else said with them being that low on water, they might be shot.

If you have the club car charger for the cart, you just leave it plugged in until it shuts off automatically.

Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2017, 03:39 PM   #12
TidePride50
Not Yet Wild

I checked the speed with an app. Looks like I'm around 13 mph, that's after a full charge and sitting for a few days. Is there some way to check the speed setting or something? Also, previous owner told me it had an upgraded controller, how can I go about seeing what I have? Sorry, I know nothing of how these things work.
TidePride50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:53 PM   #13
TidePride50
Not Yet Wild

I took a couple pics from under the access panel. Maybe someone can tell me what controller it has...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2017, 08:43 PM   #14
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

TidePride50,
Welcome back, the first picture shows your OBC, or on board computer. This is what controls your battery Charger, as long as your charger is coming on, and shutting off after some number of hours, with the OBC, and Charger are good.

The Motor Controller is under the black plastic cover in your second picture.

The third picture I think is your MCOR but kind of hard to tell from the picture.

Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:29 PM   #15
TidePride50
Not Yet Wild

Im going to try and get my hands on a voltage meter tomorrow. What should the readings be for healthy batteries? And how do you check the pack for a reading? They are 8v batteries.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:59 PM   #16
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TidePride50 View Post
Im going to try and get my hands on a voltage meter tomorrow. What should the readings be for healthy batteries? And how do you check the pack for a reading? They are 8v batteries.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...batteries.html

After a full charge and about 8-12 hr rest period, check pack voltage then check each individual battery. The link I posted has a lot of good info on batteries plus a chart to let you know what voltages that you are looking for.

To check pack voltage, the diagrams in the link should help you see which two battery post to hook up your test meter.
anyway, look for two large wires coming from the pack and going back towards the OBC. One will be pac - and the other pack +. Hook your meter up to the posts that those wires are coming from. That will be pack voltage.
Individual battery voltage is checked by hooking your meter to the posts of each battery. It would be helpful to record the reading of each battery as you check them. A good battery pack, each individual battery should be very of each other. Others can tell you just how close.
A digital multimeter is best for checking these voltages.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:18 PM   #17
TidePride50
Not Yet Wild

I checked all my batteries today. They all read around 8.3. I didn't check the pack yet. Batteries really seem to have a short life.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:47 PM   #18
TidePride50
Not Yet Wild

I guess what I need to know is are my batteries in need of replacing and if I get new batteries will the speed pick up above 13mph? Seems like a 48v with any upgraded controller it would be a little faster. My old 36v EZGO ran close to that with no upgrades.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:15 PM   #19
TidePride50
Not Yet Wild

Nobody?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2017, 11:18 PM   #20
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

You have an IQ cart which has potential to go 20 mph stock. Remove that plastic cover to see what controller you have. Stock is a 250 amp Curtis.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car