lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2017, 09:08 PM   #11
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: TXT carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
I tend to agree. The carbs are junk, but still kinda new.

Your in palm beach and they don't want to spend the money on a good carb? Weird
oh yeah, there are quite a few people I've encountered that do not want to put the money into fixing their cart
Mainly because they want a deal, and want to get something for nothing
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2017, 10:29 AM   #12
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I'd just pull the old one, disassemble, clean the jets, blow it out, etc before I'd start wasting money on Non-OEM parts, it's a 15-20min job at best. Buying a new China Carb *is* one way around it, but those need to be broken down and thoroughly cleaned up prior to use anyhow due to the propensity to be full of manufacturing leftovers IE shavings, etc that You *definitely* don't want in that engine - so what are You really saving?
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:43 PM   #13
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
I'd just pull the old one, disassemble, clean the jets, blow it out, etc before I'd start wasting money on Non-OEM parts, it's a 15-20min job at best. Buying a new China Carb *is* one way around it, but those need to be broken down and thoroughly cleaned up prior to use anyhow due to the propensity to be full of manufacturing leftovers IE shavings, etc that You *definitely* don't want in that engine - so what are You really saving?
Hopefully I'm saving them from needing to mess with their carburetor again for a long time. Yeah, it would be nice to disassemble the crab and give it a good cleaning, unfortunately where I work we don't do that because sometimes it doesn't pay and is not guaranteed to work.

As for the after market carbs, I would argue that they don't need to be thoroughly cleaned before use. My close friend has a rental company and has used them quite a bit over 20 years and has had few issues with them. Based on him telling me that I told the customer to try it
Old 06-05-2017, 02:57 PM   #14
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

"unfortunately where I work we don't do that because sometimes it doesn't pay and is not guaranteed to work." If cleaning the carburator doesn't work you're either poor mechanic in not getting it cleaned or your way in left field on your diagnosis
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:16 PM   #15
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Your call, I've probably installed 2 dozen or so over the last few years (in the rare case the OEM carb was damaged or someone had tried to clean it incorrectly and damaged it that way) and very early on after having several in a row all be problematic we decided it was in the customers (and of course ours, as a reputable Business) best interest to just adopt the policy of cleaning them before installation. That said, of course not every Business holds themselves to any given standard though so if it's more "profitable" to roll the dice to You, well then "May the Odds be Ever in your Favor", as they say, LOL
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:45 PM   #16
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
Your call, I've probably installed 2 dozen or so over the last few years (in the rare case the OEM carb was damaged or someone had tried to clean it incorrectly and damaged it that way) and very early on after having several in a row all be problematic we decided it was in the customers (and of course ours, as a reputable Business) best interest to just adopt the policy of cleaning them before installation. That said, of course not every Business holds themselves to any given standard though so if it's more "profitable" to roll the dice to You, well then "May the Odds be Ever in your Favor", as they say, LOL

We deal with a lot of security and maintenance companies that use the carts throughout the entire day, unlike most private owners. I admit, my boss does not make the most prudent decisions all the time, and not cleaning the carburetors for customers is one of them. I give him my opinions on being more effective so to speak, but in the end I have to do what he wants me to. It's not a matter of rolling the dice, it's what my boss decides. He apparently is doing well enough to still be around 14 years at his location. I was lucky and have the privilege of working at a Yamaha dealership, so our reputation is quite good.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:46 PM   #17
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn View Post
"unfortunately where I work we don't do that because sometimes it doesn't pay and is not guaranteed to work." If cleaning the carburator doesn't work you're either poor mechanic in not getting it cleaned or your way in left field on your diagnosis

Despite what I want to do, I am not always allowed to. Yes I would take time to clean it, but if my boss says we will install a new one, then we will (after having discussed it with the customer of course)
Old 06-05-2017, 07:22 PM   #18
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaguy97 View Post
Despite what I want to do, I am not always allowed to. Yes I would take time to clean it, but if my boss says we will install a new one, then we will (after having discussed it with the customer of course)

So a year from now that car comes back, and its running like crap and backfiring. The customer brings it back to your shop and you tell them " its your carburetor" They flip out and say you guys just changed it last year. Do you guys throw at them the ' well you wanted a cheap carb"?

Your boss needs to learn how to make money in this business without cheating the customer. Don't ever tell us the name of the business you work for.
Someone like me could come in there and take a bunch of his business away in a heart beat. 14 years or not.

You should consider going out on your own. I helped others before and they all take home 6 figure incomes
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:23 PM   #19
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Yamahaguy, take a ride up here to me, Ill show you some golf cars
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 11:17 AM   #20
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
So a year from now that car comes back, and its running like crap and backfiring. The customer brings it back to your shop and you tell them " its your carburetor" They flip out and say you guys just changed it last year. Do you guys throw at them the ' well you wanted a cheap carb"?

Your boss needs to learn how to make money in this business without cheating the customer. Don't ever tell us the name of the business you work for.
Someone like me could come in there and take a bunch of his business away in a heart beat. 14 years or not.

You should consider going out on your own. I helped others before and they all take home 6 figure incomes
Yes, I imagine if we explain the risks to the customer, and the carburator went bad a year later, we would tell them thats why we insisted on a good quality one. Of course we would still attend to their cart. I would think many other golf car companies would do the same. I could ask you the same thing if a year later after you cleaned a customers carb and it acts up what would you tell them. I gave you the most generalized answer of where I work, a Yamaha dealership, which in no way would reveal our business location lol. Its funny too that you assume you could "come in and take a bunch of his business away in a heart beat". I highly doubt that.

It's interesting that because my boss would rather sell them a new carb then clean it, you assume he makes money here by cheating the customers. It is also humorous and arrogant of you to imply that your advice and knowledge of golf carts is so good that people you have helped now make 6 figures.

Instead of criticizing someone's business or how they handle certain situations, maybe you should be a little bit more humble. I don't know you but you seem to talk a big game
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO