lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2017, 05:01 PM   #1
Gcapride
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 Club Car New Batteries Slow in FWD

I have a 2009 CC Precedent. Had it in storage for the past 6 months with dead batteries. Just replaced with 4 new 12 V Trojan T1275's and topped off the charge. Took it out and takes off normal and strong, then speed in FWD drops considerably. Played 18 with it and no other issues other than slow FWD speed. Course has several hills and cart pulled up the hills fine all day, just much slower than in the past. Also, in REV, the cart is noticeably quicker than in FWD. When I parked it 6 months ago, I'd never had any issues with speed or the cart. Any thoughts? Thank you.
Gcapride is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2017, 05:23 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: 2009 Club Car New Batteries Slow in FWD

Speed sensor. Before replacing try contact cleaner on connections. They can oxidize and loose connection.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:02 PM   #3
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

M C O R

(not really, it's just that the MCOR hasn't been to blame for about a week now....)
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:23 PM   #4
Gcapride
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Speed sensor. Before replacing try contact cleaner on connections. They can oxidize and loose connection.
Question. Will a speed sensor go bad just sitting in storage? I had zero issues when I stored it after the batteries lost power. The only thing I did was change the batteries now I've lost a ton of speed. Thanks.
Gcapride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 02:42 PM   #5
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Hard to say if it's bad until you clean connections. Things like to be used anything that set around can deterate and fail.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car