lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2017, 06:00 PM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: DS IQ Wiring Diagram

Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2017, 08:15 AM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by datwell View Post
Excellent, I will start staple bending tomorrow. Appreciate all your help.
As You will notice, there is not much space around the terminal, so You will need a thin staple.

I think a 3/8 staple is about the right width and thickness, get 2 of them and flatten one side so it looks like a long L, insert one staple in each side of the terminal and try.

The little barbs are not very flexible so once they get pushed in they usually stay there.

For some unknown reason Club Car did not have a fuse on the Tow/Run power on those early models, I think that is a bad idea as evident on the severe damage to that connector.

You may want to consider getting a 15 amp inline fuse holder and add it to the pink wire that goes from the big solenoid post to the Tow/Run switch.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:49 AM   #13
datwell
Not Yet Wild

Sergio, your solution was brilliant and worked well on the undamaged pins! Unfortunately the burned pin also burned the tabs. A friend has an old harness and I will splice in a new connector. I like your idea of a fuse in the circuit, would have saved a bunch of time and effort. Thanks again for all your help.
datwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:01 PM   #14
jdgriner
Getting Wild

Club Car

That Molex extraction tool is a lifesaver if you work with electronics a lot.. I used to have a repair store in ky that would sale the ends.

I have in a pinch cut the two wires going to the damaged end and spliced it together.. Ive also soldered a wire directly into the undamaged plug once.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
jdgriner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:02 PM   #15
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Sergio, Thank you for taking care of datwell. He's a long time customer of mine and he's a great guy. I appreciate it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car