lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2017, 06:54 AM   #1
tlfinn
Getting Wild

Default 2001 or 2001.5 ?

I just bought a Ezgo TXT and when I type in the serial number to the ezgo site it just says "2001" so I am to assume that it is just the 2001 model?? whats the deal with the 2001.5? I'm wanting to put on a 4" lift kit and Im wondering what the difference is??
tlfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2017, 07:10 AM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 or 2001.5 ?

tlfinn, if I am recalling what I've read correctly, ezgo changed some things in the middle of 2001, hence the 2001.5. I believe you can tell the difference by the by the bolt pattern on the bottom of the steering column where it bolts in at the floor. My "early" 2001 has the three bolt pattern. The later builds of that year have four bolts. There was a change made to the type of steering box. I do think it matters when you are ordering a lift kit, but I'm not positive since my cart is stock height. Someone with more details will respond soon, but hopefully this helps you get started googling some things.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:38 AM   #3
Coleocole
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 or 2001.5 ?

There are a few differences between the 2 models that require different style lift kits. The steering differences is one of the main ones. Most anyone selling lift kits will ask if you have the 3bolt or 4 bolt steering column to make sure you have the right one. If not sure, look where your steering column meets the floor, if it has 3 bolts, you have a pre2001.5 cart. If 4 bolts then you have a 2001.5 and up cart. Order your lift kit accordingly because one doesn't directly fit the other.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Coleocole is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO