lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2017, 08:41 AM   #1
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default TXT Airbox

Some older threads mentioned the older TXT (96?) airboxes might be prone to leaking dirty air around the filter. Then causing premature intake valve wear. Is this common and if so, what aftermarket or retrofit alternatives are there?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2017, 01:05 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT Airbox

how old is your actual filter? EZGO produced a better filter to overcome this issue years ago. If your filter has a black surround its the old type, if it is an orangy colour then it should be a much tighter fit in the airbox and should be fine. No need for aftermarket, just a new filter. You will find the inlet valves wear regardless of filter used but the new ones slow it down a lot. I also seem to recall that ezgo may have produced the later valves in a harder material but i could be wrong!

Actually, now i think i may have the colours the wrong way round, someone will be able to confirm my thought though. It has been a long time since i was repairing EZGO's

Regardless of colour, a new genuine air filter from ezgo should not be an issue.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:37 AM   #3
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT Airbox

The airbox on my 96 TXT is original as far as I can tell. Same one as when I bought it in 2001. It is black with plastic latches. The spare 350 pre-MCI engine I have has a light gray airbox with metal wire latches. The 350 airbox needs a lot of squeezing to close the access door on the rubber filter gasket. My older black airbox not so much. Both use the same filter element.

Maybe I should be using the newer gray airbox? The 350's EPA tag references compliance with 2000-2001 California regs.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO