lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2017, 09:44 PM   #1
craigy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Recall on Ezgo air filters?

Don’t remember where I read it, but I thought it saw a notice about Ezgo replacing the rectangle air filter with a round one. Can anybody verify this. My cart is a 2000 Workhorse with the ST 350.
craigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2017, 07:26 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Recall on Ezgo air filters?

You may have misunderstood. EZGO did have a running design change. Up to 2005 used the rectangular filter like your 2000 has, 2006 & newer uses a round tube type filter. Not a recall, just a model year to model year change. Both filters are still readily available.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:28 AM   #3
craigy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Recall on Ezgo air filters?

This is where I saw the info about the recall. Unfortunately, my brain only read part of the info-that part not being about the 2004 to present cars. My 350 has the one piece head/manifold. I was confused.

For 2004- Present Cars (With Carb Recall Kit for MCI Engine):

Use NGK Brand FR2A Spark Plugs. Gap them at .035".
Use Air Cleaner Element #28463-G01 (Round Air Canister).

**MCI ENGINE Identification **

You will know if yours is an MCI Engine by the round air filter. If the kit has not been installed, one will need to be installed as soon as possible. Contact your local E-Z-GO dealer to have the Recall Kit installed at no charge.

You can also tell if you have a MCI Engine by the exhaust manifold. The MCI engine's exhaust manifold is built onto the engine. You will have a single exhaust pipe joining with the Muffler.
Last edited by Bob-0; 08-28-2007 at 08:56 PM..
craigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO