lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2017, 01:09 AM   #1
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Here’s a question I haven’t seen on here.....

So I mounted a clays basket to the front of my latest project. I’ll post pics on the full custom build soon. That’s said, on a Precedent, the front roof struts come with a plastic cowling cover which covers where they bolt into the cart.
Well when you install an after market clays basket which uses the same bolt holes as the roof struts, the plastic cover piece no longer fits without some modification. By modification I mean cutting it and such.

Does anyone have a solution to this dilemma that might look as good or at least semi good? The modified cover doesn’t look bad and it’s better than the exposed bracket and bolts. Just curious if anyone knows a potential fabricated solution. I can post pics if needed.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2017, 01:36 AM   #2
EZHO
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Here’s a question I haven’t seen on here.....

Pic's worth a thousand words .. have no Idea what the bracket looks like , if its the bolts that make it look bad , maybe switch to Black anodized philips button heads , or black carriage bolts . shinny hex head bolts do shout tractor
EZHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:23 AM   #3
crash test dummy

Old 12-15-2017, 02:34 AM   #4
EZHO
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

And a videos is worth 2 thousand
looks like a button head allen , so paint black and wont stand out or reworking the cover is on.
THE CRASH IS BACK
Old 12-16-2017, 10:19 PM   #5
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZHO View Post
And a videos is worth 2 thousand
looks like a button head allen , so paint black and wont stand out or reworking the cover is on.
THE CRASH IS BACK
I have no idea what you are meaning exactly other than painting the bolts maybe? Point is the plastic piece that usually covers the are where the roof struts bolt into no longer fits without cutting it. And then it’s not really flush. And you have to drill a hole and use a large sheet metal screw through the brack to get the plastic cover to stick onto its old spot. The exposed bracket looks like garbage if you ask me. I’ll post pics soon enough.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:37 PM   #6
crash test dummy

the trim is removed and discarded

Old 12-16-2017, 11:12 PM   #7
EZHO
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Went full screen on you tube and see what you mean . .looks like trim the bottom section off just enough to hit the top section of the new support so it fits back in the original position . leave a good inch and seek up on it slowly so you dont over trim it and have another gap .( a hacksaw will work then file n sandpaper the edge).this will return the top section back to its original look and design. doesn't sound like you want to get into any drill and fasten assembly ,so use some silicone to hold it in place . just enough to hold it in place but not so much you cant get it off a year from now ? / for outside view the video is really dark but it looks like the new support piece is wider than the box tube going up as to cover the width for appearance as well as the required support strength required , and trying to trim the plastic piece will probably never look right as you said .. so all you can do there is the , paint the mounting bolts black . but guessing the big gap at the top view is what is making it look so bad to you
Old 12-16-2017, 11:30 PM   #8
EZHO
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
the trim is removed and discarded

I'd bet you wont even notice it in a week or two
Old 12-17-2017, 01:42 AM   #9
Will_robinson
Not Yet Wild

When you install the basket, can you still fold down the windshield?
Will_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 06:25 AM   #10
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_robinson View Post
When you install the basket, can you still fold down the windshield?
looks like it

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car