lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2018, 01:26 PM   #1
krs_med
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Exclamation 97 Robbins 295 fuel problem

97 4/cycle 295 will run great for about four hundred yards then start spitting and sputtering like it’s not getting enough fuel. I pulled the choke out a little when it started to see if that made any difference it didn’t. It has all new lines, filter and fuel pump. I cleaned the carburetor thinking it may be trash or clogged. The Line from crankcase has good amount of air coming out of it. Line going to the carburetor has a good flow of fuel intermittently. Should I replace the pump again?
Took it apart to see if it was clogged up but it was clean. Put it back together correctly and it still does the same thing. Guess I could have gotten a bad pump?
Any advise would be a big help. Also do you need to have a loop in the fuel line from tank to filter. The picture in the Manuel shows it that way. But it was running fine without one before I had to replace the pulsar.
Thanks

Last edited by krs_med; 09-05-2018 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: Spelling
krs_med is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2018, 02:48 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: 97 Robbins 295 fuel problem

Loosen your gas cap and try it, does it run longer or shorter if the tank is lower or fuller?
Does it restart and run fine or have to sit?

If it takes 30 seconds to go 400 yards then pull the fuel line from your carb and put it in a empty milk jug, spin it over for 1 minute and see if the flow changes or stops.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO