lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2018, 07:37 PM   #1
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default No Solenoid Click

Working on a 36V PDS cart and have NO solenoid click Is there a chart to check this?
busman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2018, 04:21 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: No Solenoid Click

There is. Johnnieb has posted it quite a few times. It has the solenoid activation circuit highlighted. I'd try using advanced search and put his name in as the poster and activation as the keyword.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:42 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

For PDS solenoid activation you need power at both ends of each red line in the diagram starting at the battery.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS solenoid activation.jpg (69.7 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:41 PM   #4
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I have checked all of the highlighted wires and have pack voltage on all. When I put the controller in diagnostic mode I get 1-2. I have check the micro switch and it checks good. Check for a connector in the wire harness and there is not one. Check the wires ,Good. If it helps the back up beep does work when in reverse. I had another solenoid on the shelf but same results. NO MOVEMENT.The controller is a Curtis PMC Part# 73326G02. I am at a lose
Old 09-24-2018, 09:39 PM   #5
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Do you have pack voltage to the + side of the solenoid? What about-? Think I’ve read that the pds gets that - from the controller, but I’m not the guy to be directing you through this.

Maybe Scotty will get back or johnnieb will see this. In the meantime, I’d get on that advanced search. Johnnieb has walked more than a few guys though this same problem with the pds. If you find the right posts, they’ll have the voltages at specific pins on the controller that you’re supposed to have.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:47 PM   #6
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Here’s one I found. Didn’t read through the whole thing, but think it should have what you need.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...iagnosing.html
Old 09-25-2018, 09:27 AM   #7
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I by passed the reed switch to make sure that was not the issue and still no change
Old 09-25-2018, 09:51 AM   #8
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Here is what I havehttp://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=175713&d=1537886810175 714&d=1537886810
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1209.jpg (124.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1211.jpg (141.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-25-2018, 09:54 AM   #9
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Another picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1210.jpg (132.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-25-2018, 10:45 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I found this drawing a few months ago and it shows all the B+ voltage paths through the stock 36V PDS controller (Curtis 1206MX).

Getting the solenoid to click is a two step process.
1. First you have to get B+ on the yellow wire to the solenoid coil.
2. Then you have to get B- on the blue wire on the other side of the solenoid coil.

To get B+ to the solenoid coil, it has to travel through 11 wires, 9 plug/jack connections, 4 sets of switch contacts and at least 4 PCB runs, plus a diode if R is selected on the F/R switch. That is over two dozen possible problem areas, but fairly straightforward to troubleshoot.

Getting B- to the other side of the solenoid coil shown in its entirety on the drawing, but it is basically a solid state switch between the blue wire on the solenoid coil and the B- terminal on the controller. When the pedal switch contacts close, the solid state switch closes, connecting the blue wire to the B- terminal and the solenoid energizes.

------------
You mentioned getting a 1-2 error code in diagnostics. That is most likely a separate problem, but it night clear when you get the solenoid to click when pedal is pushed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Voltage paths through PDS controller.jpg (138.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO