lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2018, 09:26 PM   #1
MSOP
Not Yet Wild

Default Curtis 1206 275 Amp vs 350 Amp

Hey Guys - my first post here! So I've done a lot of searching on the forums and just wanted to run this by you guys. I have a stock 94 TXT 36v series cart, lifted, 22" tires, rear seat. Cart is used in the woods and around my house. My cart stopped working the other day while I was driving around the yard in a few wet inches of heavy snow. I unplugged the 5 pin from the controller, plugged it back in, and now it works fine. That must have been the issue?

I was thinking about replacing the controller with a curtis 1206 but the 350 amp version instead of the 275 i have now. I already bought 25' of 2 gauge wire to replace all the stock cables. Is it worth the $200 to buy the 350 Amp controller? I hate that if I stop on my hill in my backyard that i can't get going again... OR will just replacing the cables help me out a little.

Not ready to dump a bunch more $ into the cart at this time.
MSOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2018, 09:38 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Curtis 1206 275 Amp vs 350 Amp

A bigger controller is going to help most in that exact situation. The cables may help a little too.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:37 AM   #3
MSOP
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Curtis 1206 275 Amp vs 350 Amp

Thanks. So sounds like it would be worth it to upgrade to the 350 amp.
MSOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO