lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2019, 07:35 PM   #1
caryhenry
Not Yet Wild

Default 1992 EZGO Marathon No Revers

Just bought a rough EZGO marathon. Got it running today after resoldering one of the motor studs. Runs great in forward, but won't go in reverse. If I move the handle to reverse, the alarm works, and the solenoid clicks, but nothing moves. I'm assuming this means there's an issue in the high current part of the system, but how do I go about checking what exactly the issue is? The FNR switch looks brand new...
caryhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2019, 07:47 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1992 EZGO Marathon No Revers

Make sure it can rotate all the way to Forward and Reverse. You can download the Owner's, Service, and Parts manuals from the Stickies, above.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html

The FNR is mounted on a bracket, which is bolted to the frame. The holes in the bracket are slotted, so you can move the FNR from side to side, to make sure you have the full range from F to R.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 09:22 AM   #3
caryhenry
Not Yet Wild

yeah, I checked all across the range of travel and nothing. Alarm works and solenoid clicks, but no movement...
Old 01-30-2019, 12:23 PM   #4
noxin
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I had a similar issue with my 2000 TXT that ended up being a microswitch that worked intermittently
noxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 12:49 PM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've had several that over time melted one or more of the contacts back into the board in the forward reverse switch. If the contact heads of those "buttons" aren't perfectly even they won't make good contact.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 03:12 PM   #6
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Most of the time when this happens it is the forward and reverse switch. I don't think it's a micro switch problem, because you said the solenoid clicks in either direction. Tighten the 9/16 center nut on the switch to tighten it up a little.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:23 PM   #7
caryhenry
Not Yet Wild

Well, it was a forward/reverse switch issue. The problem was that one of the rotor pins wasn't lining up properly. Seemed to be a defect in the rotor. I replaced it with a different rotor assembly and the pins lined up nicely. Now everything is working as it should. Thanks for the help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO