lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2019, 07:20 AM   #1
chvybeatsford
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2017 ezgo 72v reversed battery terminals

So Im cleaning my cart batter area. Figured while I do it I'd recharge each battery on their own to recondition them. Well noticed 3 of my batteries are reversed polarity. Bought cart new. Found a diagram of battery wire route and seems as if maybe it was done on purpose. I don't see any diff part numbers saying the batteries are diff. All Trojan 12v.

My factory route is same as diagrams. Any way this is one purpose. Later I can try and add a photo of my batteries before disconnect and a route of factory. Can't from phone.

Should I drain and flip batteries around. ? Not sure wires are long enough.
chvybeatsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2019, 08:32 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2017 ezgo 72v reversed batter terminals

Are you absolutely sure that some of the batteries aren't simply installed opposite others, in order to simplify cable routing? I'd seriously doubt that your cart AND the wiring diagram you have are both wrong.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 12:43 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2017 ezgo 72v reversed battery terminals

If the cart runs they are correct. Time to break out a volt meter and start checking the path. Flip to tow first
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 12:46 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
If the cart runs they are correct. Time to break out a volt meter and start checking the path. Flip to tow first
You know these things better than I do. Is there any reason for OP to "recharge each battery on their own to recondition them"?
Old 03-28-2019, 03:11 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Depends on the external charger. Some have a desulfate mode would could not hurt. If it is just a regular charger it could'nt hurt but probably not needed.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 04:07 PM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Still a little more effort involved, especially if you confuse positive with negative.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:09 PM   #7
chvybeatsford
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry guys. Work got me busy . Yes three batteries are reading negative voltage when my volt meter on them. What sucks is it the first 3 from start. Never had any problems before. But let the cart sit 3 weeks off charge and guess I have a draw.

Pluged in the charger and code read battery voltage to low. That's why I wanted to charge individual just to bring them up so it will charge.

Had to order a battery charger and when I put the red clamp on post terminal it beeped. That's how I knew something was wrong. From what I found when I googled it said drain reversed battery completely dead then start a charge with correct post. Here is current way it is ran and a chart from my buddy at a ezgo dealer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190328-162958_Gallery.jpg (61.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 575493856.jpg (391.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-29-2019, 09:27 PM   #8
chvybeatsford
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Also forgot my cart charger is the delta q 72 volt. Model 913-7200-02. Battery charger is the BLACK+DECKER BC15BD.. if any of this helps.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:50 PM   #9
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I thought for sure that you must have just had your meter leads reversed to be getting negative voltage. However, I did find this on the old google machine.

https://www.quora.com/Can-a-battery-...-on-multimeter

Where’s johnnieb, Bob, cgtech, etc ???
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 01:02 PM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Post individual battery voltages and pack voltage. If you have half of your batteries reading "negative" as you said, you WILL have less than 36 volts for the pack.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO